• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Costume National Homme FW07-08

Hahaha, look a the cardigan they swiped from Undercover!

All in all not a bad collection. Nothing memorable, but Capasa is not a talented designer, so I am glad when he sticks to what he does best, slick urban high-end fashion. Predominantly grey palette is a bit of a departure from the usual black and brown

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Costume National Homme FW07-08

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

And now the grand finale... don't they know that only Hedi can get away with shit like that?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
            • Sep 2006

Ilove Costume National/Capesa, not as a designer, but as a supplier of great fitting clothes.And asmuch as I like the stuff ( competing heavily with Helmut Lang for closet space, and this is saying a lot), his vision as a designer is just... off? The outfits just don't work 99% of the time; the runway shows just ring 'meh' with me.

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I like this, nothing really innovative but everything looks pretty good. Costume National is in a weird place for me, I always like the collections and I could see myself wearing much of it, but nothing ever grabs me enough to actually buy anything. There are too many other brands that have a stronger point of view that grab my attention for me to make room in my budget for Costume National. He may not be too creative, but he does do a good job of distilling trends into a very wearable nice package.
              music

Comment

• nqth
                • Sep 2006

The long swr/tunic/anything under ajkt is really a trend.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]I like this, nothing really innovative but everything looks pretty good. Costume National is in a weird place for me, I always like the collections and I could see myself wearing much of it, but nothing ever grabs me enough to actually buy anything. There are too many other brands that have a stronger point of view that grab my attention for me to make room in my budget for Costume National. He may not be too creative, but he does do a good job of distilling trends into a very wearable nice package.[/quote]

It's ture. I used to have more CN in my wardrobe in the past, because it used to be relatively inexpensive, but now they've really raised their prices without raising their standards, so a no for me (besides my taste has become less slicker). Still, this is a good supplier of decent "smart" clothes, as macuser pointed out. It probably does well with architects, gallery owners, slick ad agency people and such (or so I would imagine).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="casem83"]I like this, nothing really innovative but everything looks pretty good. Costume National is in a weird place for me, I always like the collections and I could see myself wearing much of it, but nothing ever grabs me enough to actually buy anything. There are too many other brands that have a stronger point of view that grab my attention for me to make room in my budget for Costume National. He may not be too creative, but he does do a good job of distilling trends into a very wearable nice package.[/quote]

It's ture. I used to have more CN in my wardrobe in the past, because it used to be relatively inexpensive, but now they've really raised their prices without raising their standards, so a no for me (besides my taste has become less slicker). Still, this is a good supplier of decent "smart" clothes, as macuser pointed out. It probably does well with architects, gallery owners, slick ad agency people and such (or so I would imagine).

[/quote]

Yeah, CN's retail prices are a bit... out there. I skimmed their rack at Barney's, pants went up to $480 or so. [:S]. Thankfully, if you wait a year, you can usually find them on Yoox sales for around 70% off.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎