• Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Gilded Age

www.gildedage.net

From the website:

?Our products
    are carefully handcrafted utilizing old machinery and methods of construction,
    which gives them a unique age old look and natural feel as well as imperfect
    and weathered appearance. Extensive handwork and detailing comperes our our garments a favorably to any in the
    marketplace.

In
    the process of creating our collection we are using some of the oldest
    machinery that is still used in industrial production as well as some of the
    oldest natural dyes known to man. Volcanic mud dye, parchment, natural charcoal, tea, logwood, Japanese Alder and natural indigo are some
    of the dyes used in variety of our products. ?

A random smattering of their products. Prices seem HIGH, although I know nothing about denim. All made in Japan.

$565

$695

Faust, I think this is what you got

$348

$268

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gilded Age

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Both $1295. Esthete has the peacoat marked down to $300.

Comment

• Kodak
        • Oct 2006

I like the zip up cardigans, the prices are a little steep for a the jeans. I like the second pair though. I wonder if the colour could be reproduced easily[:P] Thanks for posting Laika

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

sorry, but it looks like ambercrombie to me? what's the peacoat like in person? anything particularly amazing?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

sorry, but it looks like ambercrombie to me? what's the peacoat like in person? anything particularly amazing?

[/quote]

It's more like 45RPM. It is amazing in person. Laika, yes, that's the shirt I got but in volcanic mud dye. $85 [:P] Thank you so much for posting, I couldn't find their website myself.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Yup. 45RPM is an excellent comparison. Fabrics and dyes are gorgeous; cuts are classic, but with a twist. The peacoat is cut a little shorter than normal, so it hits around the hips--it's a small modification, but makes all the difference when the coat is worn. There is a slight worker's aesthetic about it, especially in the heavy and substantial fabrics. The website has all kinds of info about the manufacturing process, very interesting.

Faust, you're welcome. Apparently they are going to do womenswear for Spring. [:P]

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Yup. 45RPM is an excellent comparison. Fabrics and dyes are gorgeous; cuts are classic, but with a twist. The peacoat is cut a little shorter than normal, so it hits around the hips--it's a small modification, but makes all the difference when the coat is worn. There is a slight worker's aesthetic about it, especially in the heavy and substantial fabrics. The website has all kinds of info about the manufacturing process, very interesting.

Faust, you're welcome. Apparently they are going to do womenswear for Spring. [:P]

[/quote]

Oh-oh, you are in trouble [:P]. Paul Harnden also comes to mind when looking at this stuff, but not as much as 45RPM.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎