X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sassybritches
    • Jan 2007

skincare product

i'm looking for a new skin care regimen. i'm ready to upgrade to something very good and not just high price for high hype. is la mer as good as "they" say? what about prescriptives? specifically, i'm concerned about eye cremes and skin moisturizers. as someone with oily/normal skin, and sensitive at that, its rare that i find something truly worthwhile.

why change regimens if my skin is so picky, right? well, i think clinique is a bit too harsh and i've been slowly weening myself off it. it worked when i was younger but either my skin has changed or their product has. either way, it is not helping like it used to. i've tried kiehl's but i'm not terribly impressed with their products.

so, fire away. what do you use and how much do you love it?
  • sassybritches
    • Jan 2007

Re: skincare product

wow. really? all the fashionistas on this site and nobody has anything to recommend in the way of product? i'm flummoxed!

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

You might want to find a better phrase than "fashionistas," some here might consider it... derogatory, considering some of it's connotations. I think you'll find that most people here aren't terribly interested in discussing the nuances of skincare as much as they are other things that appear on this site. You might consider taking your query to The Fashion Spot.

Try posting your question in here, although I'm not necessarily sure it's anymore likely to get answered.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="sassybritches"]wow. really? all the fashionistas on this site and nobody has anything to recommend in the way of product? i'm flummoxed![/quote]

I'll post my routine when I come back home and have a look at the products. The basic idea is to go for a less is more approach.

I do something like:

Morning

mild face wash

(When shaving: gentle shaving cream+toner afterwards)

Non oily sunscreen also acting as moisturizer

Night

splash face with water

Once a week

wash+exfoliate+tone+mask

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• sassybritches
          • Jan 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"]You might want to find a better phrase than "fashionistas," some here might consider it... derogatory, considering some of it's connotations. I think you'll find that most people here aren't terribly interested in discussing the nuances of skincare as much as they are other things that appear on this site. You might consider taking your query to The Fashion Spot.

Try posting your question in here, although I'm not necessarily sure it's anymore likely to get answered.
          [/quote]

i promise i meant it in the most flattering manner. thanks for the posting tip, too.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎