X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Tattoos

Well I guess this goes in with personal style. I know some of you have some ink done so I thought it would be cool to get a thread specifically for everyone's artwork.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Here's some pics I have of mine (not the best pics).</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV> My right arm is all polynesian/samoan art with my Initials mixed in on the inside of my arm. My left arm is Maori design ( I designed most of it). Next one should be coming soon on my left side. It's going to be a memorial for my late Father.</DIV>
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

Re: Tattoos

i've got a hawk on my left forearm... no camera so no pics unfortunately.

are you planning on getting full sleeves? yours look pretty good from what i can see... we need some better pictures. (:

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

Cas, the tattoos are looking great. I've wanted something similar to what you have for a long time. Perhaps a bit of a different design, but I would love some sleeves or half sleeves. The thing holding me back is not knowing what job I'll be having in the future.

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

I've been thinking of getting a huge tattoo on my whole torso (front) for a few year now. I'm taking some apointements to see how it could work out since my design is fairly weird, but as simple as it gets, and makes most people laugh... I'm still not 100% sure, but I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before I get it done.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

oh come on, show us a picture of the design already. ;)

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Thanks guys. I do want to get my whole right arm done down to my wrist but I wont do that untill I figure out what I am going to do for the rest of my life. If I'm going to own or run my own company, you can be sure it's getting done! Only thing is too is I am going to wait till I go back to Tahiti to get the work done.<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Damn tattoos are addicting though. Ever since I got my first when I was 17 I have gotten one almost every year (mostly adding onto my right arm).</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I'll get some better pictures today and put 'em up here.</DIV>

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

darkanimal, feel free to add ;)

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]oh come on, show us a picture of the design already. ;)
                [/quote]<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I don't even have a picture of the design, but what I want is a huge glass of water (not sure if it'll be filled and if so, how much). That's it. Laugh away.</DIV>

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"][quote user="xcoldricex"]oh come on, show us a picture of the design already. ;)
                  [/quote]<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>I don't even have a picture of the design, but what I want is a huge glass of water (not sure if it'll be filled and if so, how much). That's it. Laugh away.</div>

[/quote]</p>

half full or half empty?</p>
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

i have a few, hear is the most recent one.</p>

</p>

</p>

from a printmaker in the 1950-60s, Leonard Baskin, he focused on carving out the negative space on wood blocks to create elaborate images.</p>

here is the original print:</p>

</p>

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

That is awesome work, it looks identical to the print. Very cool piece.

Comment

• Seventh
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]

i have a few, hear is the most recent one.</p>

</p>

from a printmaker in the 1950-60s, Leonard Baskin, he focused on carving out the negative space on wood blocks to create elaborate images.</p>

here is the original print:</p>

</p>[/quote]

Wow... Very, very cool. I LOVE Baskin! I never hear people talking about him in my little artworld. I have been thinking for a while about getting a bird tattoo based on one of his woodcuts, just haven't found the right one. Great piece.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

thanks for the kind words, choosing a baskin piece for a tattoo is tough because ultimately you are limited by the tattoo, and as I am sure you know this is one of his less complexed designs. I choose this one in particular for the strong imagery of a power animal falling or tripping over itself.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Amazing tattoo--reminds me of a cave painting.
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• darkanimal
                              • Sep 2006

</p>

Just got my third tattoo last night, the design I made and sketched myself. Inking by Eli Quinters, definitely one of the best tattoo artist in NYC. He inked me directly from his studio/livespace. A more relaxed experienced, as opposed to being tattooed at a shop. My other tattoos are from NY Adorned. I will find a good photo of those soon. Since I know I would be needing good care for more inks to come, I purchased these:
                              </p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎