X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Stores in Germany

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone on here lives in Germany or has been?

I'm moving to Berlin for a few months starting in March so I'd love to hear about all the stores in Berlin as well as in other parts of the country.

I've seein the website for TheDepartmentStore in Berlin... they carry the regular culprits along with Viridi-Anne

The store I'm most interested in is KH which is in Koln but I can't find much information on them at all. Runner on tFS told me about them and how they have close connections with Carpe Diem and could actually do Sartoria and Anatomica there (or do the orders? his english isn't the best so it's hard to tell exactly). They also carry/carried Linea and Fattoamano.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Albert

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "
  • Seventh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Stores in Germany

I was in Berlin about a year ago, so not all of this might be up-to-date, some favorites:

on the west:
    Van Ravenstein (for women, most of the Antwerp designers -- also has a store in Holland)

Harveys-Berlin (Carpe Diem, Yamamoto, Comme, etc.)

east:
    Apartment (all sorts of interesting stuff include Raf)
    memhardstrasse 8 (in the basement)

Andreas Murkudis (it is sorta hidden in a backyard/courtyard, forgot what they carried but remembered I liked the atmosphere of the place)
    münzstrasse 21/2 (courtyard)

favorite:
    Comme des Garcons-guerilla store (but I have a bad feeling it is gone now, maybe it moved and didn't disapear? the women who ran it was very cool)
    karl-marx-allee 78

have a good time!

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Oh man! Harvey's-Berlin looks amazing... lotta Linea, and looks like they have the muslin pieces done for Sartoria/Anatomica. Either that, or they've got a just plain beautiful presentation method for their Carpe.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• droogist
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

The store I'm most interested in is KH which is in Koln but I can't find much information on them at all. Runner on tFS told me about them and how they have close connections with Carpe Diem and could actually do Sartoria and Anatomica there (or do the orders? his english isn't the best so it's hard to tell exactly). They also carry/carried Linea and Fattoamano.

[/quote]I'm not surprised you weren't able to find much on KH, because until your post I didn't even know that was the name of the shop - most people I know just call it Comme des Garçons (because they carry Comme des Garçons, natch. They also have Junya and Yohji). It's been a long time since I've been there so I can't give you a very up-to-date report, but they do have a large selection of Carpe Diem and the owner is a die-hard adherent, so it wouldn't surprise me if they offered all the special CDiem bells and whistles. For specific questions about Sartoria/Anatomica, you're better off asking them yourself: Friesenwall 5, 50672 Köln, tel. +41 221 2578023

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Droogist, you rock!

At these stores, do the SA's typically have a good command of English? I will of course be taking some intensive German language courses when I first arrive (and studying some on my own now) but I'll definitely not be able to carry on in depth conversations in German haha.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

• cbdas
            • Oct 2006

Apartment and Apartment Cash SA had a really good command of english. Harvey's was great , i wasnt expecting it to be on the street it was though.
            I remember also near apartment there is Ulf Haines that stocked Ann Demeulemeester.
            I guess The Corner should be meantioned too , its only alright though(Cloak,CDG,Raf Simons)

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Awesome.... especially if these stores carry the uber esoteric lines such as Carpe (and its constituents), English is going to make life easier.

How about prices? I know that a lot of brands are more expensive here because a)import taxes b)the weak dollar c)stores jack prices up here.

Carpe for cheap(er)? hehe

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I love this - on Harveys website there is a video of CDG H+ FW06 with Tom Waits soundtrack "What's He Building in There" from Mule Variations and "How's It Gonna End," my favorite from Real Gone and I'm Big in Japan, my fave from Mule Variations [<:o)] Thanks for the link, Seventh, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
                  • Dec 2006

Thanks Faust-- I am a big Tom Waits fan as well.[:D]

Harveys is a fun store, great selection and the type of place where they seem to have interesting things hidden on high shelves or in the back.
                  I am not that familiar with carpe diem, so I can't speak about what of those lines they carry (Linea, Sartoria, etc). But Harveys was the first place I saw (and tried on) Carpe Diem boots, fell in love with them, and cursed my abject poverty. More than a year later, I still pine for them and still can't realistically afford them (at least at full price)...

Albert, you should have no problem with the language in Berlin, there are so many ex-pats and it is actually shocking how pervasive English is, everyone seems to speak a bit.
                  You might actually have some trouble getting anyone to practice German with you! [:P]

Here is the website for Apartment:

http://www.apartmentberlin.de
                  (the website is kinda awful, but you can see a few of the clothes, the store on the other hand was pretty cool, I think they carried Bless, NDC and some Berlin designers I hadn't heard of as well as Raf and Rick Owens).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

haha, thanks Seventh!!

So the carpe boot prices were comparable to US prices or lower?

Comment

• Seventh
                      • Dec 2006

I think boots were at least 1200 euro, some of the shoes may have been 800-900?
                      Unfortunately the price tag was a blurry memory. Sorry that I can't be more precise.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎