X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

Former Cloak partner/collaborator Robert Geller first went out on his own with his women's line Harald, but is unveiling a new eponymous menswear line on February 5th. The look of the collection, in his own words, " will be a mix between Jean Paul Belmondo and Vincent Gallo. Everything from washed calfskin field Jackets to Enzyme washed Canadienne coats with fur trim."

I've previewed pictures from the collection, but am anxious to see them live and on forms (I just saw shots on hangers). And while there are definite feelings of familiar themes from his previous menswear foray, there's a lighter hand to this collection that's a bit more casual, a little less military than recent trends have been (although military influences definitely abound). There are quite a few casual pieces ranging from t-shirts to modified hoodies, but the collection has a full range of jackets (one with blouson detailing that I have already earmarked as a future purchase, below), coats and even accessories that include interesting gloves and shoes. I've personally spotted at least 8 things I already want to purchase, items that won't necessarily be overt statement pieces, but definite standout additions to a layered wardrobe. I'll post more after the show on that Monday, but I was told I could post one pic as a preview. I personally don't think a single image will be as compelling, but I definitely see the styling possibilities from the collection's entirety.

I think this just might be a scoop for Style Zeitgeist! I don't know if any other publications have mentioned this collection yet.

• Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

Awesome news. I love the Harald collections for Women and it sounds like the Men's line will be just as interesting.

I like the picture you posted as well, very cool.

Edit: I just hope the pricing is alot better than Cloak.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Kodak
      • Oct 2006

Bakla, I really like thejacket and will be looking forward to the rest of the collection

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Bakla, it sounds great!!! Hope you will give us a review after the show (are you going?)

thanks for the scoop!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thanks, bakla! Sounds interesting. The saga continues...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Bakla, it sounds great!!! Hope you will give us a review after the show (are you going?)

thanks for the scoop!

[/quote]

I'll definitely be going, digital camera in hand! It's supposed to be a presentation, as opposed to a runway show. My invite hasn't arrived yet, but I got the info directly. I'll be sure to take pictures and fill you in then.

Faust, the line might be a bit more casual than you usually like (i.e. more cerebral, artistic design), but I suppose how this collection will be received will have a lot to do with the styling. Robert was always very particular with his own personal styling so I have high hopes. Right now it strikes me as very clean Japanese streetwear, with a designer edge.

Comment

• drexl
              • Sep 2006

Cool, I dug what he did for Harald's fall collection, but I sure hope it won't be as expensive as Harald.

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Wow, really looking forward to this, great jacket.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• minomni
                  • Oct 2006

exciting. i like the jacket - some of the details, the styling of the pockets in particular, definitely mirror items from the fall '04 cloak line. looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

Got the invite, and it had interesting copy that I thought I would share. Too much to type so I'm just posting an image of it here:

Naturally it's all fashionspeak to describe the collections (Lord knows I've written enough of it myself), but we'll make sure the pics accompany everything later so that people can actually construct their own opinions about everything.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

very cool. i'm excited to see the pieces. bakla, are you involved with promoting robert geller?
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]very cool. i'm excited to see the pieces. bakla, are you involved with promoting robert geller?
                        [/quote]

It would seem that way, but no - well, aside from just a personal interest. I've been a fan of Geller's from when he was with Cloak. I was just as supportive and very much into promoting the whole Cloak crew back then, because I felt they deserved all the accolades. I talked them up to retailers via my own connections, spoke about possible accessories manufacturing sources, and got as many friends as possible to look at and/or purchase the line. I was very much a staunch supporter of the brand in its initial days, circa FW2004. I love working with emerging talent (I've done the same with another friend who is now one of the biggest young names in American fashion). Now that Geller is on his own, and the fact that I like what I've seen already, I'm more than happy to promote them.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

The descriptions of the line sound very nice and now the anticipation is killin' me. [:)]
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]The descriptions of the line sound very nice and now the anticipation is killin' me. [:)][/quote]

yep, except the satin shirts [:^)]... and everything else that has to do with Gallo. 80 styles is a lot for a first season, no? I hope he won't stretch himself too thin too fast.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

This pic came in for the Geller collection. Not much to see, just very moody, but I thought I'd post it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎