X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nqth
    • Sep 2006

Junya Watanabe Man FW07/08

Biker jkts in various fabrics, colours (blue, red, blk)and lengths, trench in shrunken boiled wool!!! and a lot if zippers:-)

from gettyimages

• nqth
    • Sep 2006

Re: Junya Watanabe Man FW07/08

more from yahoo.com

Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

Nice! I really like the short biker trenchcoats. What fabric is the first one in the second post made of? Can't really tell because of the image quality...Thanks nqth!

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

This looks great. The coats and moto jackets are terrific! I wish he would do something similar for women.

Thanks for the posting, ngth.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
          • Sep 2006

You are all welcome:-)

He did the "new" longer length sooo well on the jkts. (Everybody is doing it on swrs)

I think the fabric could be Comme typical boiled wool. In some other stuffs might be wool/poly or just washed poly.

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

looks like the theme for this coming winter is biker huh...based on these pics, i think Junya did N(N) better than N(N) itself!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

vroom, vroom....

Laika, wait a month - if the past two Junya years are any indication, he may just do the same thing for women.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

I usually find the ideas behind his collections clever (ss 07 track suit suits) but nothing I would wear. But this is great and I could see myselfin most of these outfits.
                music

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

looking at this stuff again, i just had a thought - faust i think you would look fantastic in these clothes.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]looking at this stuff again, i just had a thought - faust i think you would look fantastic in these clothes.
                    [/quote]

Thank you. I would 3 years ago. I think I am growing out of such literal interpretations these days. I'll see how it looks in stores, but I swore off biker jackets. I do love the patchwork jeans though. Overall it's a lazy effort from Junya - however, like I said in the CDG thread, I am sure he will make up for this in construction and fabrics. Judging by his prices though, I am scared to think how much that leather will cost...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="matthewhk"]looking at this stuff again, i just had a thought - faust i think you would look fantastic in these clothes.
                      [/quote]

Thank you. I would 3 years ago. I think I am growing out of such literal interpretations these days. I'll see how it looks in stores, but I swore off biker jackets. I do love the patchwork jeans though. Overall it's a lazy effort from Junya - however, like I said in the CDG thread, I am sure he will make up for this in construction and fabrics. Judging by his prices though, I am scared to think how much that leather will cost...

[/quote]

... and I am starting to be strangely attracted to the blue one. Am I nuts? It's that damn boiled wool, so yummy.

this cut this color

actual pic

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

The color is a bit too strong for my tastes but the details such as that puckering in the center of each pocket zip is really a nice touch.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]The color is a bit too strong for my tastes but the details such as that puckering in the center of each pocket zip is really a nice touch.[/quote]

more details on the back. i like the carefully peaking lining.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

Faust I LOVE that jacket, but I think it's going to be too bright for you. I tried n the one in the runway pic in blue and I thought it was bright. I have a higher bright threshold than you. The fabric is so nice though. I have a peacoat in that fabric in black, with the peek-out lining too. If you can get a black one Faust I'd go for it - you been to the CDG sale?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Faust I LOVE that jacket, but I think it's going to be too bright for you. I tried n the one in the runway pic in blue and I thought it was bright. I have a higher bright threshold than you. The fabric is so nice though. I have a peacoat in that fabric in black, with the peek-out lining too. If you can get a black one Faust I'd go for it - you been to the CDG sale?[/quote]

Thanks, Johnny. Yea, maybe it's one of those fleeting infatuations. Haven't been to the CDG sale yet - maybe this weekend.

EDIT: Is your peacoat with two vertical zip pockets? I recommended it to jj.still.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎