• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Raf Simons FW07-08 - Paris

Raf - 1 Faust's wallet - 0

This jacket is gorgeous \/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Raf Simons FW07-08 - Paris

I'll take that one \/ too, thank you. Just soil the leather a little bit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

and that one \/

The rest (not much left) I'm not too keen one, you can see it here

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

only one pic is working for me, but i like it very much. now hopefully it will fit as good as it looks...so far i've had very little luck with raf's tailoring, the cut just doesnt work on me...

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Ooh, really nice. The first jacket Faust pointed out in the first post is definitely my favorite. I wonder if the thing around the neck is some type of scarf or if it's actually part of the jacket.

Is it just me, or is Raf's work at Jil Sander influencing his own line for the better? It may not be as edgy as some of his earlier hardcore streetwear stuff, but this is much more wearable while still being creative and unique. In a way it's like he's starting to fill the gap left by Helmut, formal precisely cut clothes with just enough edge to stand out.

music

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

i would agree with that assessment, casem. I still think Raf's work at Jil is lacking a certain spark though...it's neither here nor there, especially in person i was disappointed by the fitting of the stuff. Raf's own line is brilliant though, mos def.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

Ooh, really nice. The first jacket Faust pointed out in the first post is definitely my favorite. I wonder if the thing around the neck is some type of scarf or if it's actually part of the jacket.

Is it just me, or is Raf's work at Jil Sander influencing his own line for the better? It may not be as edgy as some of his earlier hardcore streetwear stuff, but this is much more wearable while still being creative and unique. In a way it's like he's starting to fill the gap left by Helmut, formal precisely cut clothes with just enough edge to stand out.

[/quote]

That depends on what you mean by earlier. His early early stuff looked just like this in the sartorial concept, razor-sharp tailoring reserved for luxury clothing taken into another realm. So, it's more like returning to one's roots, but with a different idea - the teenager in grown-up luxury clothes has grown up to be a confident young man looking into the future.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

That depends on what you mean by earlier. His early early stuff looked just like this in the sartorial concept, razor-sharp tailoring reserved for luxury clothing taken into another realm. So, it's more like returning to one's roots, but with a different idea - the teenager in grown-up luxury clothes has grown up to be a confident young man looking into the future.

[/quote]

Faust, this is exactly how I feel about the line, I just wouldn't have put it so elegantly. :) I don't own any Raf pieces at this moment but every time I look at his clothing I am very impressed. The things that must be going through that guy's mind to create some of those pieces is just beyond me. It's very fun to look at, especially in those runway pictures.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

are the leather sleeves part of the gloves or the coat? =D

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]are the leather sleeves part of the gloves or the coat? =D
                    [/quote]

They look like extra long gloves. His trench coat (which faust didn't post) has shorter gloves on. I'm definitely loving the gloves, although I have a similar pair that I have yet to wear out this season! Maybe I'll wear them this way this week.

I always end up loving some of his stuff, but the pioeces I fall in love with inevitably do NOT make it to NYC. Grr. These are looking very X-men. I always loved leather mixed with wool, matte and shine.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

From men.style.com

"January 27, 2007

A piece by young English sculptor Conrad Shawcross revolved hypnotically in the center of Raf Simons? show space, suggesting one of Leonardo?s visionary contraptions. As it turned out, that was a pretty good place to start thinking about Raf?s new collection. Leonardo was fascinated by the articulation of human appendages, hands and feet especially. And after today's show, Simons noted that ?hands are important to create the shape of the future.? The way he chose to draw attention to this point was by kitting his models out in fierce elbow-length gauntlets that suggested protection as much as creation.

They were a jarringly futuristic counterpoint to tweeds, leathers, and knits that were just about the most traditional clothes Simons has yet created, but that was no accident. One of the designer?s aims this time was to make traditional things more contemporary. A tweed coat zippered open down its seams to reveal a nylon underlay (it suggested wings folded away, though perhaps that?s simply because Simons has often evoked angels in his outerwear). A ribbed blue-gray cardigan coat wrapped an inky Lycra rollneck. And superb woven-wool jackets in an intense midnight blue were glazed as if by starlight in deep space. They embodied the essential paradox of Raf Simons? work: sleek futurism here, romantic melancholy there (perfectly reflected in the surging soundtrack by Icelandic electronic composer Jóhann Jóhannsson).

Like anyone who is absorbed by thoughts of things to come, Simons can only dream, but that seems to suit him fine: Sometimes it?s best that dreams don?t come true.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

Hmmm, I have to say I'm disappointed. The last two winter collections were both so incredibly beautiful and this is.... well, OK. Looks like some of the details from last year's coats have been grafted onto a Neil Barrett collection. Looks quite like Cloak too. The overall presentation is definitely lacking his usual inspiration.

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

I'm curious to see the trousers in person, the fabric seems interesting. I don't like most of the coats, but there's still a bunch that I like and anyway, I would probably be able to afford only one :p

I think the shoes look awful.

Comment

• nqth
                            • Sep 2006

I am so tired of all the grey rubber shiny futuristic things. Cold andlack of emotions. Although the clothes are technically very nice.

Colours please!:-P (it must be after the Comme show)

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

I love this collection. I don't see a lack of emotion at all, but then again, I firmly believe that the person wearing the clothes should be the one giving it emotion. I'm really enjoying the jackets and other tops the most, as a lot of his pants are a little too slim for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎