Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester Mens FW 07-08

Comment

• macuser3of5
        • Sep 2006

Er, wow, the outerwear is just excellent. The black with the white contrast piping... Damn.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

I agree, the coats are just fantastic! I love the piping.

It's all so grown up, in a very good way.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• LanceP
            • Oct 2006

Wow... that was my first reaction... just wow.

This is, by far, my favorite collection from the F/W '07-'08 season thus far. I'm glad she decided to re-create that black double breasted jacket with white piping into a long coat. I also notice a handful of pieces with drapery reminiscent of Julius, which I like a lot. The pants are looking good as well. I can't wait until pieces from this collection hit the shelves so I can have a first hand look at them.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
              • Sep 2006

the collection looks great! thanx drexl.

everything looks amazing. its time to finally purchase ann dem. items this coming fall. cant wait. i guess ill start keeping a little money on the side ^_^ looks very romantic but with a very ann dem. style and edge.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

No one else think this is a tad repetitive now? This could be any collection from the last 2 or3 seasons from AD.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]No one else think this is a tad repetitive now? This could be any collection from the last 2 or3 seasons from AD.[/quote]

The styling, yes - the pieces, no. Actually it's very different from the past two years - I think it's her best stand-alone menswear season. If anything, it harks back to the equesterian collection for FW04. She's never done shawl color, and, unlike Lance, I don't remember her using contrast piping before. So, no, it's different, but not at the first sight maybe? It's fantastic - I love the outerwear, and I love the assymetric sweaters. Not too crazy about the big pants, but that's Ok.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]No one else think this is a tad repetitive now? This could be any collection from the last 2 or3 seasons from AD.[/quote]

I'm completely with you.

Comment

• interman
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

The styling, yes - the pieces, no. Actually it's very different from the past two years - I think it's her best stand-alone menswear season. If anything, it harks back to the equesterian collection for FW04. She's never done shawl color, and, unlike Lance, I don't remember her using contrast piping before. So, no, it's different, but not at the first sight maybe? It's fantastic - I love the outerwear, and I love the assymetric sweaters. Not too crazy about the big pants, but that's Ok.

[/quote]

I'm completely with you. It took me a little while, but it's really grown on me. Don't know how much of it I'll afford to buy, but I'll definitely save up for some of it.

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I personally liked some of her older seasons better, but perhaps that's because I am neither a fan of the new silhouette or the equestrian theme. I am also biased, like I mentioned on Superfuture, I may be alone in enjoying her S/S collections much more, as I love her lighter layering pieces and jackets, and the slightly lighter feel of the silhouette. This is likely influenced by my location and the complete implausibility of these outerwear pieces, but I like the attitude a little more during the S/S collections.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• nqth
                          • Sep 2006

I don't like the contrast b&w piping much.

I prefer the use of blue/blkand the "not so tough"thicknessof woolen coats. And the shorts!!!

There are"perforated" jtk and trousers! Also her use of blk on blk pattern is quite intersing.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

At first I kinda thought same old same old, but now that I've seen the whole collection on men.style, I really love it. You have to look past all the layering to notice that there are some really spectacular pieces. I'm not crazy about the big silhouette of some of the jackets, but I know you'll be able to get a slimmer fit when they come out. With Cloak being gone next winter, I think most of my money is going to Ann D., unless Dior comes up with something spectacular tomorrow.
                            music

Comment

• dontbecruel
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]At first I kinda thought same old same old, but now that I've seen the whole collection on men.style, I really love it. [/quote]

Agreed. I particularly love some of the navy stuff now I've had a chance to look properly. And are those more shorts over leggings I see?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎