• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

How is it going?

I wanted to ask for some feedback given more new users and such. What do you guys think so far about the forums? I think we have a pretty good tight community going, albeit too male oriented. I am glad that it's not as homogenious in taste as I was afraid it would be, and I am glad our debates have been mature whereever different opinions collide.

I know some of you aren't too happy with the software, but I'm kind of locked in it, at least for now. I don't have great technical expertise, unfortunately. I did change some little things, like replacing that stupid tree logo with an "SZ" logo (same goes for the page icon you see in the URL window). Just a quick reminder, in your preferences, if you change the theme to "basic blue," from "default," you will get a much more visually appealing layout.

So, post some feedback and I'll see if I can accomodate people.

Cheers,

Faust

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • minja
    • Dec 2006

Re: How is it going?

http://www.punbb.org/

Free and far superior forum software.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

What is the issue with the software, exactly? I would like more smilies, but other than that, no technical problems for me.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]What is the issue with the software, exactly? I would like more smilies, but other than that, no technical problems for me.
        [/quote]

I think I can fix the smilies pretty easily.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• minja
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="laika"]What is the issue with the software, exactly? I would like more smilies, but other than that, no technical problems for me.
          [/quote]just some basic interface / functionality, issues. Mostly aesthetic/UI improvements. Obviously this current software is getting the job done (the forum's up and running!) so it's not an absolute must.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

i think my biggest gripe with the software is the search feature. very barebones and it doesn't allow for in thread searches, which i think is a must.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• sbw4224
              • Sep 2006

I have to echo the search function complaints. Other than that, [Y]

Comment

• nairb49
                • Dec 2006

Overall a big thumbs up Faust!

My only gripe is the speed in which the post reply window appears/dissapears and the speed in which the page refreshes afterwards.

I prefer the (gasp!) SF box with the quick reply option enabling the text box at the bottom of the page.

Keep in mind though, that my knowledge of anything like this is probably not only very little, but actually detrimental.

Comment

• designersheep
                  • Oct 2006

At first, my only nit-pick was on not being able to go straight to the first unread post for each thread.

But at the current scale, it's not even a problem; and the quality posts by everyone here makes everything worth reading over and over anyway :)

I have to say SZ is by far the best (in many ways) fashion community I've ever known.

Three thumbs up to Faust!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

yeah better software...

linking is a pain in the ass, especially since most people don't know how to use the link function (but the software should automatically do that anyway

formatting is annoying, i hate the autoparagraph when you press return. the search doesn't work really at all.

i think the lurkers need to come out and post- some feel too intimidated though?

Comment

• Anonymous
                      • Sep 2006

pretty good.

i read that you can't post photos until you have at least 50 post. but now i do, and i'm still having trouble. maybe i'm just doing it wrong, but any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

yeah better software...

linking is a pain in the ass, especially since most people don't know how to use the link function (but the software should automatically do that anyway

formatting is annoying, i hate the autoparagraph when you press return. the search doesn't work really at all.

i think the lurkers need to come out and post- some feel too intimidated though?

[/quote]

the girls need to come out and post!! i am lonely. [W]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

Haha, poor Laika...

I'm enjoying myself very much, but I imagine you knew that since I spend so much time here. I'll try to contribute more in the future, I haven't done too much in the past. Hopefully I'll stop being so busy in a week or two... Other than some irritating things that have already been mentioned (formatting, etc...) I love this place.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

This forum is by far my favorite. The posts are informative, everyone contributes, no flaming, it's just awesome.
                            It's a much tighter group than most forums. I do agree with laika, we could use some more women to accompany her and Mia. [:)]
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I wish Droogist would post more - she has depth of fashion knowledge you guys can't imagine. We love you, droogist.

Blackforest, PM me, and I'll walk you through posting pix.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎