• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Bruno Pieters Mens FW07-08 - Paris

I eagerly anticipated this, and I must say that although I don't like the styling, I think there are some very promising individual pieces. And I always love his black, it's the blackest black I've ever seen. I really don't understand how NOONE carries his womenswear in NYC, I think it's outstanding. I hope this turns heads somewhat.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Bruno Pieters Mens FW07-08 - Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

i actually really liked this one. not a big fan of the hats (or the styling in general i guess) but i also think there are a lot of interesting individual pieces. the last guy on the first post does not look like a real person.

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

Along with Stephan I think this is probably the best of the Paris season so far. Lots of really desirable looking pieces with interesting cuts. The first coat in particular.

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

I quite like it... Josef Beuys meetsMr Handfrom Dark City, a sort of dark, utilitarian noir feel to it:

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ that was a cool movie. I think the quality will be outstanding, based on his womenswear.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

I like it, although I really wish the models weren't so skinny--they look like labor camp survivors to me.

He really has a unique approach to detail. I've never seen his stuff in person though, and when I look at the womenswear pics, I always feel like the construction doesn't quite support the ornament. [*-)]

It think VBS should carry it....seems right up their alley.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I like it, although I really wish the models weren't so skinny--they look like labor camp survivors to me.

He really has a unique approach to detail. I've never seen his stuff in person though, and when I look at the womenswear pics, I always feel like the construction doesn't quite support the ornament. [*-)]

It think VBS should carry it....seems right up their alley.

[/quote]

Good call. I think you might like it - it's very modern and at the same time a little Victorian (I'm talking womenswear).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

I quite like this collection, although I don't know why designers think it's a good idea to style winter collections with men wearing shorts [:^)]. Laika, could you clarify what you mean about the construction not supporting the ornament? I don't quite understand what you mean.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

sbw, I was actually referring more to the womenswear. It's things like this piece--I love the idea of the pleats and they are exquisitely made, which I certainly appreciate. But the jacket lacks the tailoring that Yohji or Rei (or even Veronique Branquinho) would bring to it. He's trying to make the ornament part of the structure (as it should be in clothes like these) and not succeeding. It winds up looking like both awkwardly embellished and badly structured. It's such a shame, because I can imagine the painstaking care he puts into making these details.

I know LVR's pics are notoriously bad, but this looks very much the way it did in editorial.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Going to have to buck the trend here and say that for whatever reason I actually kind of like the styling. I don't know, it just makes sense to me with the clothes, which I do rather like. I'll have to look up the menswear if I ever get to New York this year.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

So, apparently Seven bought the menswear! I'll definitely be checking it out.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]So, apparently Seven bought the menswear! I'll definitely be checking it out.
                          [/quote]

Maybe a bit late, but here it is from Seven. Click on Desginers > Bruno Pieters. All are on 35% off sale.

GREY HAND-KNIT WOOL SWEATER

BLACK HAND-KNIT WOOL SWEATER

GREY HAND-KNIT WRAP CARDIGAN

BLACK FITTED ZIP-UP BLOUSON

GREY WOOL "SAILOR" SHORT

BLACK HAND KNIT WOOL SCARF

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

very cool pieces. the two knits remind me of last year's raf simons knits.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

ive been trying to justify that wrap sweater for some time now... too bad its still almost a grand. =(

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎