X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Dior Homme F/W 07-08

Someone had to start this.[:)] I can't post pics at the moment, but it's all up on men.style. I love it, I think it's his best collection in years. It reminds me of VOTC but not in a bad "we've seen this before" way. To me, this really plays into Hedi's strengths in all the right ways, instead of becoming a bit gimmicky like more recent seasons. Lots of desireable coats and knitwear, I also like the models, and finally a non-white one! Is it just me, or do some of them actually resemble Hedi?

I'm going to have to save up for this, though I defended SS 07 when it came out, I'm finding it looks pretty crappy in stores so I'm going to try to hold off on any Dior until next season.

music
  • khiev
    • Nov 2006

Re: Dior Homme F/W 07-08

I agree, definitely his best collection in yrs, some truly beautiful lines. Some of the outerwear and knits are stunning. Ah, what a great show it's been lately, gotta start saving up for ann dem, bottega (what outstanding blazers!!), and now dior...

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

i also really really liked the collection. i love this jacket! hopefully i'll be able to grab one.

Comment

• CHRIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I'm liking a lot of the collection, especially the trousers and the triangle print jacket.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

lol, well Chris, that worked out. I think we posted at the same time, but yet I posted all different pictures.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mike
              • Dec 2006

Well it is different, Hedi wise. Never thought I would see him do that look. It does not seem very versatile as far as styling goes (except for the jackets). The entire collection sort of reminds me of Yohji Yamamotomeets Cloak. There was nothing really anything that intrigued me immediately, or stood out. I don't think it would make for a good "going out" collection for Hedi. It look just ok as of now but that might change once it hits stores...or maybe not. Personally...as far as styling goes in the "decline era" if you will, I much preferred SS06 and SS07...at least that is Hedi's "signature style." On the other hand...it is something different. Also...I just bought a sweater from H&M on Sunday that has this exactprint:

Although, I really liked Hedi's suit:

Comment

• CHRIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2006

love it.

hedi and his models also look healthier this season!

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Yea, that jacket is one of the first things that caught my eye. I also really like the triangle geometric print one, less versatile but the more I look at it the more I like. The cropped pants with chunky boots are looking very Ann D. I hope that if this is the last collection, people don't buy it up like crazy because I want to be able to get some!

[quote user="mass"]i also really really liked the collection. i love this jacket! hopefully i'll be able to grab one.

[/quote]

music

Comment

• pactum
                    • Oct 2006

this is a fantastic collection! I totally LOVE the long arms, all the black, the boots, some draping etc. Maybe best since strip?

Comment

• darkanimal
                      • Sep 2006

For some reason, I'm not moved by this one. Nothing new, maybe I've outgrown the Dior look already. But they are all wearable, not gonna argue with that.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

This collection really really surprised me. Finally a Dior Homme collection that wasn't gaudy and was entirely wearable!

The geometric print blazer was definitely the first that caught my eye

With a mostly monochromatic wardrobe I think the dark gray with white lines breaks it up but keeps it sharp. Wonder what the price point for it will be...

This was definitely a collection that was aesthetically pleasing on the runway and easy to see how pieces were going to work on real people that weren't attending a black tie event or dressing like a woman.

I'd say best collection since VotC!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• explicit
                          • Jan 2007

I'm going to go ahead and side with the majority here.
                          I really do feel that this is quite the return to form. There's a sense of familiarity without appearing to be a complete retread. For the first time in what seems to be a long while, I'm actually excited to get my hands on some of this stuff.

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

I've only just recently become comfortable enough to wear my Cloak FW2004 dropped crotch jeans. I wonder if I can pull off these MC Hammer diaper pants of Hedi's? More importantly, in the name of the holy drape, do I really want to?

I like this outfit a lot.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="pactum"]this is a fantastic collection! I totally LOVE the long arms, all the black, the boots, some draping etc. Maybe best since strip?
                              [/quote]

You just described an Ann Demeulemeester collection... of which some elements are present here, as casem pointed out. That's Ok though, I don't mind. I think it's a solid collection. There are still very Hedi elements I think - very sharp shoulders coupled with a slim silhouette.

I am glad that casem inadvertantely pointed out that the final judgement will be in stores because DH quality has gone to shit in the past years. I am just happy that Hedi is not doing any homages or any rock'n'roll BS, because honestly that's done and over. Thumbs up, overall.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎