• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

LVMH buys Aston Martin

Rappers of the world (and Nigo), rejoice! Now you will be able to get your Aston Martin with Louis Vuitton leather seats and Moet logoed cupholders.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...CC8FF05C9B3%7D

VMH to buy Ford's Aston Martin brand, German weekly to report

FRANKFURT (MarketWatch) -- French luxury-goods company LVMH Moet
    Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (12101.FR) is set to buy Ford Motor Co.'s (F)
    Aston Martin brand, German weekly Autobild will report Friday without
    citing its sources.

The U.S. automaker will retain a 15% stake in the European luxury
    brand, which is part of Ford's Premium Automotive Group, the report
    said. The report didn't elaborate on any financial details.

Premium Automotive Group spokesman
    John Gardiner told Dow Jones Newswires the process to sell Aston Martin
    "is ongoing". LVMH declined to comment.

Magazine Web site: http://www.autobild.de
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Re: LVMH buys Aston Martin

The company had 17 billion dollars in sales if I remember correctly. I guess they're really pushing to expand into a real luxury empire.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

that should result in a rather modest company name.. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis VuittonAston Martin SA? [8-)]
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike b"]that should result in a rather modest company name.. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis VuittonAston Martin SA? [8-)][/quote]

I think they should put all the brands they own in the official name of the company.

BTW, has anyone figured out LVMH structure? I'm clueless. They own the Dior brand supposedly, but I also see on the corporate org chart that Dior holds 60% stake in the company. WTF?

EDIT: looked at the chart again - looks like now there is a holding company that Dior owns that owns 42.5% LVMH. Also looked at LVMH website and they only have Dior perfumes? Confused.

http://www.dior-finance.com/en/index.asp

http://www.lvmh.com/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
          • Jan 2007

How are they going to diorify Aston Martin then? (Which is an ENGLISH luxury brand...) Put Swarowski on the AM wings is my guess.
          the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"] BTW, has anyone figured out LVMH structure? I'm clueless. They own the Dior brand supposedly, but I also see on the corporate org chart that Dior holds 60% stake in the company. WTF?

EDIT: looked at the chart again - looks like now there is a holding company that Dior owns that owns 42.5% LVMH. Also looked at LVMH website and they only have Dior perfumes? Confused.[/quote]

as far as I knowDiorgroupowns the 40-something % and is not usually listed as one of the brandsoperating under the group.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎