X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

John Galliano FW 07/08 - Paris

Nobody has brought up John Galliano. I'm usually not a fan, but i thought his showwas easily the mostinteresting from what i have seen in Paris. At least you can tell he put a lot of effort into this collection, and he stayed away from using too many 'Galliano' prints or anything with his face on it. I like the first leather jacket.

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: John Galliano FW 07/08 - Paris

It was a funny show, post-apocalyptic samurais and ninjas. The thing with Galliano is that the stuff in stores will still be jeans and tshirts - 70% of this stuff will not be produced.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Under all that craziness, Galliano really has some beautiful designs. It's a pity that most places just pick up the eurotrashy pieces.

... at the same time a lot of the nice pieces are pricier than you'd imagine as well.

I used to not be a fan of Galliano just because I thought it was over the top and just too crazy. But there is method to his madness. Not only does he always put on a beautiful show (both for Dior, his own line and the haute couture shows) but creates really lovely pieces with beautiful silhouettes and designs. His lacing details are really really nice.

I still want a Galliano blazer with the laced cuffs. That subtle bit of elegance is just awesome.

Galliano: a true showman!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drexl
        • Sep 2006

Yeah, after picking up ALOT of Galliano's stuff over the past 2 years (not for me evidently), I kinda like some of his stuff. The fabric treatments from this fall/winter were really cool, industrial-looking, dust and wax treatments, distressed/destroyed/wrinkled metal/wool fabric. The construction is good and inventive for menswear. Too bad most stores just pick up his tees, jeans and fucking underwear/jockstraps.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

Crazy as it is, I love this collection. Like I said about it on Superfuture, I think it's a fantastic balance to the more severe collections that are dominating the season, which I have no problem with. If every other show was this loud, I probably wouldn't appreciate or even enjoy this, but with so many of the individual pieces surprisingly interesting, my eyes loved this. At first glance, they were fascinating, and as I broke it down to the individual garments the complexity became more apparent as well.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

It's been bugging me a bit... but you know the model with the stocking on his head and the smeared lipstick?I am sure i have seen this done before, in a movie or a music video or something? Does anyone know what i am talking about?

Comment

• threerepute
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Monty76"]It's been bugging me a bit... but you know the model with the stocking on his head and the smeared lipstick?I am sure i have seen this done before, in a movie or a music video or something? Does anyone know what i am talking about?[/quote]

same here. was one of my favorite elements of the show.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎