X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Sophia Kokosalaki for Vionnet

Barney's has some gorgeous windows up to preview the collection. I was only able to look at one piece up close--lots of lovely pocket-like folds and draping.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Sophia Kokosalaki for Vionnet

That's beautiful. She's got quite a heritage to uphold (not that many people remember it, but still). Apparently Vionnet invented bias cutting, or at least that's what I read.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I got a postcard from Barneys inviting to check it out. I guess they got the full delivery in.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
        • Oct 2006

faust you're right! she was the first to use the bias cut... and a pioneer of the non-corset style. i can't wait to see what kokosalaki does. she seems like a natural fit for the house of vionnet!!!!!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="goethe"]faust you're right! she was the first to use the bias cut... and a pioneer of the non-corset style. i can't wait to see what kokosalaki does. she seems like a natural fit for the house of vionnet!!!!![/quote]

Yes, I'm excited, too. I think she is an incredibly underrated designer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

I'm going to check this out when I go to NYC Saturday. It looks like it could be promising.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎