X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

F/W 07 Wants

Just wanted to post what i will be saving for in FW07. Would be interesting to know what caught the eyes of others as well.

Burberry Jacket (Is it just me or are the Prorsum models increasingly resembling Christopher Bailey?)

Lanvin Jacket (One of the three and maybe some trousers)

Number (N)ine Scarf/Shawl (Though i will probably get the one from this SS)

• Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: F/W 07 Wants

I posted this on the styleforum. No specific pieces per se, just a general idea of where I'm going:

I don?t have any « must haves » for this season but I made a list of things that I will consider getting:

? A Thick as thieves suit (go Getsmart!). Slim, 1B, peaked lapel, double-vented, flapless pockets, relatively short, in grey. Hopefully with some structure but quite ?compact?. I haven?t read the range of possibilities yet so maybe what I?m looking for isn?t available as of now.
    ? A new black 1B or 2B, notch lapel sportscoat. Not sure about vents and exact cut yet (waist suppression or columnar? padding, type of shoulders, etc.). Maybe something from Julius or Lad musician or another japanese creator as their sizing fits me well. Otherwise Dior, Lanvin, whatever...
    ? A pair of casual black pants that looks good paired with more ?aggressive? boots. Probably Julius as the ones I see in the look book are right up my alley. This has to be a sharp cut but not overly tight as they?re to be worn over boots + I want to stay away from an all-tight look.
    ? An overlong sportscoat, not too sure about the specifics. I?m scared of the Matrix/Goth effect (same as when I purchased a Cloak trench) so this will require some more thought. I was tempted by some CDG H+ ones but ended up passing as something was off.
    ? A leather jacket (moto racer?) with an unusual colouring. I?m basically thinking of a Lad Musician jacket I already own but in a shade of electric red or blue. S/S07-08 Junya surprised me with a lot of moto-inspired gear so I might look into that if I feel that my wallet deserves a diet
    ? New black and white v-neck tees. Sleeves have to be quite tight as they?ll be worn under sportscoats, outerwear and sweaters with high armholes. I was thinking AA but the white ones are a little bit too see-through for my taste. I know you people know your tees so I?ll probably post here for advice.
    ? An EG field parka. Those look incredibly nice. Anyone has info about the price, sizing and possible retailers?
    ? An American workwear shirt with a modern twist a la Fullcount (sold at Self-Edge). This should complement EG stuff nicely but without overlapping, as the cut looks like it?s a lot slimmer.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Black coat with white piping by Ann Dem. If I get that and nothing else, I'll be a happy camper.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
        • Sep 2006

Raf Simons coat with the nylon inserts:

men.style.com

Alden of Carmel Cordovan high-boots:

That's all and I'm a happy camper (for a few years, I would guess).

Comment

• drexl
          • Sep 2006

Again, obsessed with outerwear.

Junya boiled wool short trench/biker jacket. (I think I might even pay retail for it, which I've almost never ever done!)

Not much else I really want judging from the runway shows, maybe find a decent non-fugly parka for the cold cold weather...

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

-1 button blazer. My favorite right now is the Cloak vertical pocket 1 button in charcoal. I want something really plain that can be dressed up and down.
            -Ann D button down shirt in black. I've been pining over a really nice button down that has a slight twist to it, I think Ann might just fit the bill.
            -Leather jacket. Still a little unsure by who, it will definitely be determined a lot by funding. Ideally it would be CCP. Maybe I can get lucky on ebay or something.
            -Black & brown trousers. Something a little more organic looking. Label Under Construction and Julius are looking mighty fine, maybe I'll hit up 2000 for these. (Those pants Chinorlz was selling was perfect, just didn't have the money! RATS!)
            -White button down shirt. I'm liking the Ann D shirts on LV and I dig the little details.
            -Carpe/LMaltieri sweater. Something plain that is a tad oversized that will drape nicely under a coat.
            -Brown lace up boots. The Officine Creative boots on LV are looking fantastic, and the price is right.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

- Yohji Yamamoto coats, shirts and suits ... i am basically going to buy as much from this collection as my funds will allow me. Time for me to refresh my wardrobe anyway since i'm graduating.

- maybe a pair of the Lanvin high tops...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Casius, I can probably hook you up with a cool jacket by Giorgio Brato, whose leather is on par with CDiem (or at least Collection Privee) if I may say so myself. You need to move quick though, so PM me with your measurements and your ideal jacket style. We are talking $450 for a $2k piece.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎