Maxfield- Ann D, Yohji, etc.
    Barneys- Everyone knows the deal...

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

Re: comprehensive shopping in the real list

hey casius, does maxfield bleu ever have anything good?

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Chris- I honestly haven't been in a while, but from what I remember they had a lot of CDG. I just remember not spending too much time looking around though.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Nice thread!

Boston, Massachusetts:

Alan Bilzerian- Yohji, Carpe, Issey, DRKSHDW, Dirk, Annetc.

Barneys- Rick, Ann, Dior, Lanvin, APC etc.

Stel's- Band of Brothers, APC, Rogues Gallery, etc.

Bodega- Japanese and American Streetwear. The store itself is worth visiting because it's cool!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Bumping this list to see if anyone has any further suggestions for either Los Angeles or San Francisco, especially San Francisco. I know this forum tends to be dominated by East-Coasters, but I figure'd I'd give it a shot. I'm going to try and get out to The Archive if I can, anyone else have any suggestions?

Even if you don't have any new suggestions for L.A., I've probably only got a day to spend up there this time or so. What would you guys suggest? I don't absolutely need to hit as much as possible, I get up to L.A. every couple of months but I figured this time I'd try to concentrate on seeing some more of the SZ-Consumer oriented places.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for good food at either location as well I certainly wouldn't mind.

(on a side note, if anyone wants to move this to a new thread, or thinks I should open up a "travel suggestions" thread rather than having these here, let me know)
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

San Fran:

Gimme Shoes - Fillmore Street location. Fillmore St. is generally nice to walk around in - lots of interior design shops. There is an AWESOME womens store, if you have a GF, take her - it's called Cielo.

Nida - the Hayes Valley location. Hayes Valley is also nice to walk around in.

That's all I can think of, besides the Archive.

In LA, although I haven't been, Maxfield seems to be the place to go. And Barneys, of course.

As far as food - if you want to check out the golddiggers, go to Asia de Cuba at Clift in San Fran. Expensive, but a fun(ny) social scene. For a completely opposite experience, there is a great place near Castor, it's a sausage join, and next door is a Belgian beer bar that you can bring food in. Total dive, but so goooood. I forget the name though, I hope someone else can remind. There is also clam chowder at Fisherman's Warf, for a more touristy experience.

Food in LA - In'n'out burger :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Faust-Haha, that's funny about In & out. I had a buddy come here from Jersey and he couldn't get enough of it!

Servo- The clam chowder is heaven at Fisherman's wharf and it's cheap. As far as shops though, I'm afraid I'm not much help there. Haight is a cool area but all I know up there is Villians and Villians Vault. Union Square area has tons of shopping but nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

Maxfields / Maxfields Bleu in LA are awesome. maxfields is the best store on the west coast, in my opinion. they have some cdiem / lmaltieri /linea (they even had an anatomica leather coat thing), rick owens, ann dem, ccp, and other stuff like roarguns, number (n)ine,and lots ofothers.

The Archive is, in my opinion,by far the best store in San Francisco. i believe it's pretty new and it's right near downtown (close to union square, where there really isn't anything elsenotable) lots of stuff that others don't stock, like masatomo, icho, volga volga, lgb,kiminori morishita,ugo cacciatori, etc. they also have ann demeulemeester,neil barrett, and jan&carlos, which i haven't found elsewhere in northern california. men's only, small store, salespeople are helpful. if in SF this is a must

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

New York City

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Can anyone think of other places in NY that sell Cloak? After fighting the vest trend, I tried this on at the boutique and I love it http://www.shopjake.com//index.php?p...roduct_ID=1227

Problem is, it costs $450 at the boutique. Barney's had it fro $325 but sold out quickly, they even searhced other stores for me and couldn't get it,shopjake is out of size small already. I was hoping hejfina.com would put it up, but they just posted new Cloak stuff and it's not there. I know Atelier and Opening Ceremony used to carry Cloak, but I gather they aren't this season. Also I found a place in Chelsea called Camouflage that had some last season stuff, but the shop owner said he didn't buy any SS 07. Are there any shops I'm missing? I asked at Cloak if they would give me the lower price and they said they'd get back to me, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.

music

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

That sucks Casem! Have you tried called any other Barneys in the states? Maybe they could help you out. I know the Barneys in Boston carries Cloak and stuff hangs around for a loonnnnnggggg time because frankly Boston isn't the market for that sort of menswear.

Maybe you can turn up something that way. Call them and the one in San Fran (or LA?)!

A brief list for Berlin:

The Apartment- Rick Owens, N(n), Undercover, NDC, Nicholas Andreas Taralis, Nicolo Ceschi Berrini

Harveys- Carpe, Kiminorimorishita, Undercover, Werkstatt Munchen, LUC and a million other lines.

Ulf Haines- Ann Dem, Attachment, LUC, Marsell, Kiminorimorishita

A bunch of other places on Ku'damm that carry major lines. There is another store right off of Ku'damm that carries Ann and other lines but I don't remember the name and I haven't stopped in as of yet.

Shopping isn't bad here, especially with the tax return! Just wish there was more Carpe and Poell around to ogle at. Harveys has an interesting Carpe collection along with items I've never seen before but Atelier has spoiled me in terms of sheer amount :)

The Apartment has good prices, good sales but limited stock. About 10 RO pieces on the racks.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

Can anyone think of other places in NY that sell Cloak? After fighting the vest trend, I tried this on at the boutique and I love it http://www.shopjake.com//index.php?p...roduct_ID=1227

Problem is, it costs $450 at the boutique. Barney's had it fro $325 but sold out quickly, they even searhced other stores for me and couldn't get it,shopjake is out of size small already. I was hoping hejfina.com would put it up, but they just posted new Cloak stuff and it's not there. I know Atelier and Opening Ceremony used to carry Cloak, but I gather they aren't this season. Also I found a place in Chelsea called Camouflage that had some last season stuff, but the shop owner said he didn't buy any SS 07. Are there any shops I'm missing? I asked at Cloak if they would give me the lower price and they said they'd get back to me, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.

[/quote]

I would call Barney's L.A. and Boston yourself. It's possible that they have it in stock, and don't want to lose commission by transferring it to NYC. I have heard of this happening with Barney's before, especially in L.A. [:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

OK, thanks I will take your guys advice. The frustrating thing is just a few days ago they located a S for me at Barney's (i did't remember which location)but I wanted to try it on at the boutique first. Then I went back to Barney's and they sold out of the vest completely, the SA called everywhere againand couldn't find it,but it was hard since they didn't have the vestin storeto use it's ID # to locate. She was very nice though, and even gave me her card and said I should take it to Cloak and demand they match the price for me [;)].Hopefully I'll have more luck calling myself.

music

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎