X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Proenza Schouler Womens F/W07

I must say, I have always been a fan of Proenza Schouler's Women's wear and I really like what I see this season. It seems a lot darker than usual and I love the use of the maroonish/copper tone in some of the dresses.

Some close ups.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • JaridRose
    • Jan 2007

Re: Proenza Schouler Womens F/W07

I was about to post something about them...

I used to not like them, but I caught the last 30 minutes of SEAMLESS on Sundance, and I guess I sortof like them now...

they seem like they know what theyre doing....but I still don't know what "their deal" is...

I really don't get what they do with clothes and I don't understnad what they are doing in general....are they in it for money? are they artists? are they rich kids? I thought they were rich kids but in Seamless they made it seem like they need tons of money....But i like this and their last couple collections....Where exactly are they located? New York i know but where at?

j

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

PS quality is very good, and I do respect the level of detail in their work. From a design perspective though, I find it very derivative of Prada, while lacking the lightness that Prada is capable of bringing to her work.

I thought this collection was kind of ugly actually--so much heaviness with the fur and thick knits and over-rich colors and those cloche hats.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I'm with Laika on that one. I never liked what they did design-wise, but the quality is god - it's very solidly constructed.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎