• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Paul Smith FW07 Womens - London

Hmm, not crazy about this, but then again I'm not crazy about his work in general. I get "I stole my boyfriends sweater" vibe here, but he fails to make it cute.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Paul Smith FW07 Womens - London

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

And I like him when he is more colorful

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

It's too frumpy, and not at all "schoolgirl" or "dandy," which is what he does well, when he does it. Those strings of pearls over the boyfriend sweater say "mom" to me; and the ankle length hose are positively granny. Bad styling for sure, but I can't say the individual garments redeem it.

I can't help but count the days until Paris. [^o)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

It's too frumpy, and not at all "schoolgirl" or "dandy," which is what he does well, when he does it. Those strings of pearls over the boyfriend sweater say "mom" to me; and the ankle length hose are positively granny. Bad styling for sure, but I can't say the individual garments redeem it.

I can't help but count the days until Paris. [^o)]

[/quote]

Agreed on all points.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

I'd like to like this but I don't...I agree about it being frumpy. There's a heavyness of touch to it that's rather unendearing. It never inspires in the stores either. DOes this do well in NYC?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]I'd like to like this but I don't...I agree about it being frumpy. There's a heavyness of touch to it that's rather unendearing. It never inspires in the stores either. DOes this do well in NYC?[/quote]

His new SoHo boutique is quite a hit, actually. He does pretty well I would say. There is a market for this stuff, people who work in the office, but want to stand out.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎