X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Dior Homme Sizing

Sorry, know this is a bit lame, but can someone tell me what size in DH i should get if I'm a 38 chest on most fits. Ta
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dior Homme Sizing

Others can answer better, I haven't tried a DH piece on in about two years, but from what I hear the fit these days is pretty true to size. Also, depending on what you are looking at. Can someone confirm?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Most of the current pieces are true to size. You'll come across a few shirts where you may find yourself having to size down one size. Tees have always been pretty true to size and I suggest sizing down one size in hoodies and the like.

The footwear has typically been 1/2 a size large for the hi-tops as well.

Hope that helps!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

thanks guys. I was thinking about a 40 coat from yoox, but freom what you say it will be too big yes? not 100% convinced about it anyway.....

where can i get a fecking warm coatfor a decent price!?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

It would fit ok, but not super slim and sharp. I'd say if you're familiar with Raf and other brands, it'd fit like a 48 from them in my experience.

It would be not so bad to take it and layer a sweater under it.

Figure with the paypal code in the paypal thread you're only going to have to pay for the restocking since shipping to you will be free!

-A

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

erm i don't understand the paypal thing - how do i get it to work?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

sorry, I meant the pp@yoox is the code

i don't know if you have to pay with paypal to use the code or not...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]erm i don't understand the paypal thing - how do i get it to work?[/quote]

There is a PayPal option on the Yoox checkout page, click it instead of "pay by credit card." you don't need to pay by paypal though to get it to work, it just works - pp@yoox. I'd be carefuly about Dior's quality though - iffy...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

OK cool tried it and it worked without having to use paypal, although I'm not yet sure whether to order (somce they do take ages to refund). Do you know the coat i'm talking abotu Albert? (there's only one left now at yoox in the sale, buttons right up to the collar) Not sure what collection it's from and haven't been able to find any otehr pics of it from teh runway.Thoughts anyone?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ i don't like that shape in general, but I love the color of it up close. I don't know, Johnny, can't give you a definite answer, but I'm more on the Nay side. I don't remember seeing it in person though...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Oh hmm, I see the one you're referring to. I'm going to agree with Faust and say nay on this one too. The thing is that the torso isn't darted so it's going to look very "englishman hunting in the woods". Very much a straight, rectangular-boxy silhouette.

There's a size 50 DH coat on ebay that buttons in the front that actually looks halfway decent and at least will have a slim contoured cut due to darting at the waist:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIOR-HOMME-MENS-WOOL-COAT-F-W-2007-NEW-1800-USD_W0QQitemZ190081108300QQihZ009QQcategoryZ57988Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item1900 81108300

Cheaper than the one on yoox thus far as well.

Plus it's $1000... you can definitely get a better coat than that for the price... Like Faust said too, DH quality isn't as high as it was a couple/few years ago either sadly!

I'll have a couple LMaltieri work coats in the $1100-1350 range when my store launches...

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks for the views. My biggest reservations are indeed the apparent boxiness and the price. I do like the fabric though. I own NO DH, so I'm looking at it objectively, but also without the benefit of any experience as to quality etc. Hmmm, dunno. Helena is ordereing some stuf from yoox tonight so i'm tempted just to get it and i could send it back.......hmph, dunno

Comment

• pbt
                          • Jan 2007

If you're normally a 38 in Raf or an M in Ann D for ex, I concur with A that you'd normally wear a 38/M in Dior. This one (I'm assuming we're talking the same coat here -- steel grey, herringbone pattern) is from VOTC I'm pretty sure, and so the quality should be half decent. I've got a trench in the identical style in heavy cotton from VOTC. I'm really pleased with it, but in my size it is roomy, basically an overcoat. I can comfortably wear a thick blazer underneath. I can rarely wear below my size in dior outerwear but I'd have gotten away with a size below in this one if I didn't want to wear it over a jacket. Assuming the cut is the same, it's almost certainly going to be oversized for you. All that said, it's not really a boxy coat. It closes asymetrically taking some fabric out of play, and has a slim silouhette, open and closed.

Then again it's only a $5 proposition to give it a whirl.

Comment

• khiev
                            • Nov 2006

I'm a chest 38/39 as well, and my waist is 29.5, and I ALWAYS choose sz 46 for DH, no matter if it's a coat or a jacket. As for shirts, it depends, I fit a small in some shirts, and a medium in others. I dont own any dior shirts, so I couldnt tell you about their sizing in the long run. But I did own the dior luster biker jacket, I own a dior military coat, and they were all size 46. The fit, as expected from dior, is superlative. But I think the fit is absolutely contingent on whether you are slim down the chest or not... if you are, and your waist is about 30", then I say a sz 46 will fit you best for dior.

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks again for the views. I deceided against getting it since it's too expensive and probably too big

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎