• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Preen FW06/07 - London

Preen, along with Jens Laugensen and Peter Jensen are the ones I always watch. Not crazy about this, and overall I am getting a very strong Helmut Lang vibe coming out of London this season. This is Helmut meets Chalayan.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Preen FW06/07 - London

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
          • Oct 2006

its a shame they don't have a better grasp on quality control. some of the pieces have an uncanny resemblence to helmut's older work...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="goethe"]its a shame they don't have a better grasp on quality control. some of the pieces have an uncanny resemblence to helmut's older work...[/quote]

I agree, their fabrics are crap.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

The color palette and the hose--[+o(]

I know a lot of people who like Chalayan also like this, and frankly, it often looks similar enough to be called derivative. What I love about Chalayan though, is how he starts from a concept and tells a story about it. This is just so empty by comparison.

The poor quality just makes me mad.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• mutterlein
                • Dec 2006

I see a lot of Nicholas Ghesquire as well as Chalayan in this, especially with those padded shoulders.

I remember when you could look to Preen for a good idea or two but this is all just so generic, not well thought out, and from what I understand the execution is far from desireable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="mutterlein"]I see a lot of Nicholas Ghesquire as well as Chalayan in this, especially with those padded shoulders.

I remember when you could look to Preen for a good idea or two but this is all just so generic, not well thought out, and from what I understand the execution is far from desireable.

[/quote]

Agreed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎