X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Bless: Women's FW 06-07

I found these pictures and thought you guys might enjoy them. I think the loose knits are great, but I'm not sure how flattering they would look on a lot of girls. The color pallette works well with the chosen knits, making them look soft and somewhat organic. I'd be interested to see some past men or women collections, but I can't seem to find anything. Anyway, enjoy.

• sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Re: Bless: Women's FW 06-07

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Great pics, thanks sbw! I love everything but the look in picture2.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Great pics, thanks sbw! I love everything but the look in picture2.[/quote]

She's a Siren, trying to bewitch you.

Thanks, sbw, for the scans. Yummy knits, indeed.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

It's very cute. I like the fishnet overlay. Despite owning the book, I've never looked at Bless in person--how is the quality?
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]It's very cute. I like the fishnet overlay. Despite owning the book, I've never looked at Bless in person--how is the quality?
            [/quote]

The quality is decent. Not great, not bad. There wasn't any at the Opening Ceremony sample sale?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

I'd describe the quality as better than decent. I own a few pieces including a coat that I've been wearing almost daily for a few months and it's still intact.

Anyway, I'll try to come up with pics of the current summer collection. It should hit the stores soon too. Quite different from last season.

How do you like the book laika? which version did you pick up?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I'd describe the quality as better than decent. I own a few pieces including a coat that I've been wearing almost daily for a few months and it's still intact.

Anyway, I'll try to come up with pics of the current summer collection. It should hit the stores soon too. Quite different from last season.

How do you like the book laika? which version did you pick up?

[/quote]

Well, I hope your standards are not that low [;)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

ok, it isnt intact haha.

Comment

• spacemiu
                    • Dec 2006

The net hoodies are so great

Comment

• deuxmille
                      • Nov 2006

Tired on pretty much all the samples from FW07-08 today. I'll don't have pictures, but I'll post my impressions in a few minutes...

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

Here's a description of the FW07-08 collection of Bless (No30). I'm super sleepy so it might be a bit confusing to follow me, but I'll try my best to break this down in a coherent way.

Jackets

Fabrics:
                        -Dark blue wool: almost purple at times. Quite stiff but not too heavy, my favorite fabric of the collection... I was looking for a blue like this for a long time (my glasses are the same color almost!)
                        -Black wool. Same weight as the blue wool but seemed stiffer a bit.
                        -Tweed: nice gray tweed with accents of blue. Liked it very much.
                        -Quilted denim: "BLESS" is stictched all over the fabric which makes the quilting if you will. Not really sure what they were trying to do here, but I can only see a girl with a chanel bag and uggs wearing this. wack.
                        -Quiled black canvas: same as the denim.

1- Front pocket jacket
                        Short jacket with a rectangular flap pocket in the center, slightly lower than the middle. Two rows of functional buttons that go through loops for button holes... take 10 minutes to button really. The jacket looks nice on the rack, but the fit is weird. Too short and WAY too wide. Then again, I'm tall and skinny, but usually bless jackets fit me well.

2-Hooded short jacket
                        Simple short jacket with a nice thick ribbed bottom. Cool ribbed cuffs that kinda make the sleeve loop over (totally not a good decription, it's nice when you see/wear it haha). Big hood. Quite the jacket really.

3-Hooded long jacket
                        Excat same jacket they made last FW. I have that jacket already and it's pretty much the nicest long coat I've seen that I would wear everyday. Slim, tapered sleeves, slit pockets on the side seam, dramatic collar and hood.

4-Shit/light jacket
                        Simple long and wide (doesn't fit me well at all!) shirt that's thick enough to be a jacket. Not much to say, didnt't like it.

I think I'm forgetting one simple short jacket... can't remember exactly. I'll correct this tomorrow.

5-Double brested jacket.
                        4 buttons that are very low. Wide arms. Kinda cool, kinda not. Not sure really.

Sweaters/knits

1-Thick loose knits
                        Those look only good on girls I think. Loose knitted knits with very wide "short sleeves". Huge neck opening too.

2-MutliFabric? crewneck (I make up the names by the way)
                        Sweaters made out 3 of the fabrics made listed at the top of my post. Each fabric is either sleeve and joins in a X in the middle. Could be cool as a beater sweater, but not stunning in my opinion.

3-Bathrobe
                        Loose fluffly knit, almost net. Sewn in scarf. It's really long and soft. Not my style, but it makes me think of a weird version of a julius piece. Ravij, you should get it :p

4-Down knits.
                        Oversided down filled knits. They are HUGE and scream Mr. Michellin. They come in a vest or regular longsleeve version. They have a HUGE turtleneck that basically covers the whole head if not folded over. I think they were wack, but I tired them on and they impressed me. If I have a lot of spare money I'd consider one. It totally won't sell in Japan though.

All I can think of for that.

Shirts

Mostly printed sheer fabrics that scream summer. Normal Bless cuts. Not much to say, I liked both prints, but wouldn't really wear any. One l/s with beads where elbow patched would be. It was ugly but double well as a whip if you're into that stuff, I had fun with flagelling myself for a while.

Pants

Fabrics
                        Waxed toothpaste colored canvas: Weird color, cool feel.
                        Light gray wool: all season wool, very comfortable and nice color.
                        Black wool: Winter weight. Nice and a bit stiff, but just enough.
                        Denim: raw denim, not too heavy.

1-Pleated ultra baggy trousers
                        A bit like last FW's ultra wide trousers. Cool kids will wear those. I won't since they're too short. They have around 4 narrow pleats and drape quite nicely, but even though they're simple, they're super loud just because of the cut.

2-Wide trousers
                        Very nice cut. Not too wide, not too narrow. Staright all the way. Nice waistband, simple. I like them a lot!

3-Jeans (denim and toothpaste fabric)
                        Rectangular back pockets, nice relaxed cut with legs that taper slighty but not much. I like them.

Boots+Accesories

1-High boots.
                        First time I ever like long boots. The top half is made of wool/felt. Bottom is leather. You can fold the wool over to make them shorter. Almost no heel. The toes are not pointy but not totally round either. The sample was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too tight for me, but they really looked good in my opinion.

2-Totes
                        Long totes, like long like a hockey bag. They're meant to be folded in half length wise. I quite like them. They come in canvas and is the two quilted fabrics (gigatacky!).

3-Golves
                        4 fingers. Fingers are leather, the rest is wool and folds over itself. Weird concept but it doesn't look silly, surprisingly.

3.5-Golves part two/Arm warmers
                        Different lengths. Basically a long wool tube with a thumb at some point. Can me worn with the 4 finger glove or by itself.

4-Scarf.
                        -Knitted geometric scarf. Shaped like and inverted squared U.
                        -Huge checked piece of fabric with a golden border. Looked nice and it's very big.

That's all I can remember. I like the direction they are taking, focusing on few cuts and focusing on fabrics. Not everything is good, but what is good is very good. I probably have a reputation of a huge Bless fanboy by now, but it's pretty much one of the only brands that I feel totally comfortable pieces from on a daily basis. I also like that they have less distracting details like the nets of last FW. I'm very curious as to what the stores will order, everyone seems to have a feeling it won't sell very well, which is unfortunate.

Now, I need to gather money to place an order in the next few weeks... the stress begins! :D

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

i've never handled much of bless's pieces - what is to be expected of the quality? but i think i'm usually more interested in the accessories anyway...

mihara did the four finger gloves a few seasons ago - others probably have done it before that?

haha bless doing a logo pattern? crazy.

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

i've never handled much of bless's pieces - what is to be expected of the quality? but i think i'm usually more interested in the accessories anyway...

mihara did the four finger gloves a few seasons ago - others probably have done it before that?

haha bless doing a logo pattern? crazy.

[/quote]

They have the weird sunglasses this summer if you're into their accessories. I think the quality is good, they use nice fabrics and I've never had a stitch come undone yet, it's better than a lot of high fashion brands that get praised here in my experience.

Comment

• nairb49
                              • Dec 2006

hmm. I echo sbw's sentiments about the versatility I think. True, on the right girl with the right attitude, this could be stunning. But I think its a pretty narrow window....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎