X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Margaret Howell F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Margaret Howell F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Menswear to come later...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I can't say I like this much. Some looks are Ok, but it's pretty boring. I understand her philosophy and all, and sometimes it works, but this is just too not-sexy librarian.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

If even the non-sexy librarians at your school look like this, Faust, I'm coming to visit! I agree this is not one of her best collections but I still love the trousers. Wish her mens cuts were more like this.

By the way, for anyone in London, Margaret Howell's spring sample sale will be on March 28th/29th this year. As always it's at the Music Rooms, South Molton Lane.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

I don't mind the boring so much, especially if the tailoring is as good as people say. I would love to have some of her trousers and shirts--they look pretty perfect.

I wonder what mutterlein makes of this...

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

It's a bit dull even for MH, which I usually like more. Some of the tailoring and shirting is ace as usual. Her mens shirts are my favourites for everyday wear.

Thanks for posting laika

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I don't mind the boring so much, especially if the tailoring is as good as people say. I would love to have some of her trousers and shirts--they look pretty perfect.

I wonder what mutterlein makes of this...

[/quote]

Well, I'm going to check it out in person in a few weeks. My friends live a 15 min walk from her Fulham store in London.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

If even the non-sexy librarians at your school look like this, Faust, I'm coming to visit! I agree this is not one of her best collections but I still love the trousers. Wish her mens cuts were more like this.

By the way, for anyone in London, Margaret Howell's spring sample sale will be on March 28th/29th this year. As always it's at the Music Rooms, South Molton Lane.

[/quote]

Hahaha, sure, come on over - NYC is full of non-sexy librarians :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

Are there no stockists at all in NYC? Margaret Howell makes fantastic clothes to wear, much more special than the catwalk suggests. The cuts are traditional, but perfect. My girlfriend and lots of other women I know buy as much of it as they can afford (and let's face it, this stuff is bloody expensive!)

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

dontbecruel, there is not even a one! I suspect it is too "boring" for the women here who could appreciate its specialness. Not for me though--I would kill to have some traditional English tailoring to anchor my wardrobe. American approximations tend too much towards the preppy and sporty. A girl dressed like this on the streets of New York would make me do a double-take.

Faust, I hope you will supply a review of this when you see it in person. I would love to hear your wife's opinion as well.

johnny, you are most welcome for the pics. I agree, it is not my favorite collection of hers, but I see many covetable basics nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎