X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Txell Miras F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Txell Miras F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

What do you think, laika? I like it - despite being black it doesn't look monotonous. Still, it's all very Bruno Pieters, no?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

I think it's better than Bruno Pieters.

I can see why you would compare them--the sheer level of detail is similar, and they could both be called "architectural," although in very different ways. She has a much better
          understanding of proportion though; and her details are really integrated into
          the construction of each piece. [U] It's heavy, but not awkward. I bet it
          moves beautifully--or at least, interestingly.

Normally the heaviness would bother me, but I think she balanced it with a certain softness, reminiscent of Ann, but with more volume. I love it a lot. And I loved seeing her at the end, wearing something right off the runway.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I think it's better than Bruno Pieters.

I can see why you would compare them--the sheer level of detail is similar, and they could both be called "architectural," although in very different ways. She has a much better
            understanding of proportion though; and her details are really integrated into
            the construction of each piece. [U] It's heavy, but not awkward. I bet it
            moves beautifully--or at least, interestingly.

Normally the heaviness would bother me, but I think she balanced it with a certain softness, reminiscent of Ann, but with more volume. I love it a lot. And I loved seeing her at the end, wearing something right off the runway.

[/quote]

Who is she? I've never heard of her.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nambla
              • Sep 2006

I kind of like this. however I believe some of the draping and small volumes sticking out isnt being rightfully placed. the body structure and silhouette is being deformed into something im unsure to handle

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

Faust, she is Catalan. http://www.txellmiras.eu/

According to her bio, she designs womenswear for Neil Barrett as well. I'll make a thread with pics of her earlier stuff--it's very conceptual and cool!

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="nambla"]I kind of like this. however I believe some of the draping and small volumes sticking out isnt being rightfully placed. the body structure and silhouette is being deformed into something im unsure to handle[/quote]

Can you say more? Where do you see it becoming deformed?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, she is Catalan. http://www.txellmiras.eu/

According to her bio, she designs womenswear for Neil Barrett as well. I'll make a thread with pics of her earlier stuff--it's very conceptual and cool!

[/quote]

Aaah, that's why it's been so cool! I was always a little afraid to say, "I like Neil Barrett's womenswear," lol. Her website is a bit out there. [:^)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nambla
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[quote user="nambla"]I kind of like this. however I believe some of the draping and small volumes sticking out isnt being rightfully placed. the body structure and silhouette is being deformed into something im unsure to handle[/quote]

Can you say more? Where do you see it becoming deformed?

[/quote]

I really like her past collections and the assymetry in her clothes. But some pieces in this collection has parts that seem to have been put in unharmony (gotta love my english) http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4183/tm9cw1.jpgfor example and this is only a picture on the front. I don't think I want to see what that piece looks like from the side etc

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

nambla, I agree. That particular piece is rather unsettling. I think you could say it breaks up the harmony of the body--Comme did something like this last winter. I don't see that so much in the other pieces though. Some of the past collections are great--I'm going to make a thread of them soon!

Faust, why be ashamed? [^o)] I've frequently liked Neil Barrett's womenswear.

The website is definitely quirky--you can see she is into dada and surrealism!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎