• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Jil Sander Womenswear FW07/08 - Milan

I think it's Ok, if you keep in mind that it's a Jil Sander line. I think it's definitely younger, the kind of stuff you wear at the office if you want to stand out. Its minimalism is almost clinical though, a little disturbing. Some of it looks just too plain, it better be amazing quality.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Jil Sander Womenswear FW07/08 - Milan

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I like some of the dresses a lot. The forays into colors are mixed, I don't like that violet, but I like the blue.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

I'm not a fan of most of the coats, but the other pieces look quite nice. Some of the coats look like something a very stylish doctor/medical researcher would wear in the hospital/lab.

Comment

• deuxmille
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I like some of the dresses a lot. The forays into colors are mixed, I don't like that violet, but I like the blue.
                    [/quote]

I feel the exact same way.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

I like the clinical aspect, actually. It's hard to say anything much about this--it's very well done, for sure, and I'm sure it will please the Jil Sander customer. I'm sure it's meant to be a completely commercial collection--very nice and incredibly expensive simple clothes.

I'd rather get my basics from Margiela though. [:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I like the clinical aspect, actually. It's hard to say anything much about this--it's very well done, for sure, and I'm sure it will please the Jil Sander customer. I'm sure it's meant to be a completely commercial collection--very nice and incredibly expensive simple clothes.

I'd rather get my basics from Margiela though. [:P]

[/quote]

Me too, although I must say Margiela's prices these days are beginning to be dangerously alined with Jil Sander. Have you seen the prices this season? $450 for a regular lightweight cotton sweater. Freaky.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                          • Sep 2006

I quite like a lot of the severity and simplicity... No prints, just texture and shape, which fits my wardrobe philosophy nicely. This would look good on petite women who want pretty things that aren't too revealing or ostentatious. I think the dresses are cute in a demure, non-sexy way, my girlfriend would look quite cute in them (she has a pretty petite frame). Also if you check out the detail shots on style.com, the knits/etc just reek of quality:

style.com

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Faust, tell me about it! I was actually going to vent about that when I was telling you about the Junya stuff I loved. I basically want some variation on a black cardigan. A completely plain (not cleverly tweaked) "COTTON cashmere" cardigan from Margiela is $745.00 The Junya knit, on the other hand, is incredibly intricate--the weave is gorgeous, it has a floppy ruffle detail around the neckline and slender nylon panels to shape the arms and waist. It cost $710.00. [:S]

I've always thought Jil Sander prices were ludicrous--I don't care how good the quality is, I'm not shelling out 1k for a cashmere shell.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]
                              I've always thought Jil Sander prices were ludicrous--I don't care how good the quality is, I'm not shelling out 1k for a cashmere shell.
                              [/quote]
                              Lol, I hope my post didn't come across as justifying the insane prices for Jil Sander (or anyone, for that matter). I buy 100% off-season and on sale, which even then is hard to justify sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎