X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Pattern making

seems like this is the crucial part in making/constructing a garment. anyone have good links to sites that show how to/tips and tricks for pattern making? google returns crap sites.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Pattern making

As far as I know, pattern making is done by hand. The whole idea is that patterns are cut from paper which won't stretch or deform like fabrics or muslin so when you retrace it onto fabric you'll have the precise shape needed. It's just a nondeforming format for designing your pieces. A lot of the time I don't make patterns for when I sew because I use some stiff fabrics that don't deform and so I just draw/cut freehand.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• magone
      • Feb 2007

Re: Pattern making

I studied cosutuming in uni and we used a great book called The Costume Technician's handbook. It basically teaches you to make basic block patterns for a bodice, pants, skirts etc. off of your own measurements. The cool part is that you retrace these basic blocks to then create clothing of your choice and own design. For example you take the skirt block cut slits, expand the block and create an a-line skirt. The brilliant thing is that anything that you make will fit precisely to your own measurements. The instructions in the book are supr easy to follow and they have diagrams too. If you're not into buying a book have a look at each season's Burda pattern magazine. Sometimes the patterns suck but I"ve picked up a few that have 5-6 patterns that are timeless. You can then re-use them over and over again . The book- Cost. Techinician's Handbook is by Rosemary Ingham/Liz Covey.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎