• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Veronique Branquinho Womens FW07/08 - Paris

I liked about half the show. I like how it's easy, and confident, and really unique in its simplicity. I am still ambivalent about her work though...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Veronique Branquinho Womens FW07/08 - Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

What is with the ponchos? I think she is finally starting to lose it. I want to like this, but I'm really put off by the shapes.

I do like the mixing of plaids and textures; I think that's something new for her. And the footwear looks very interesting, especially the first pair of boots.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Seventh
          • Dec 2006

I like this show a lot (I fear I might be the only one!) I feel like Branquinho is operating from a very different place than most other designers--there is something very historical about the clothing (it was mentioned before that it is very 70s--true, but I think it is not just limited to that era).

More than any other show, her work reminds me of the past. Concerning a world, that doesn't really exist now, it doesn't always fit smoothly into our time, but there is something almost classical about them. Like the most amazing things that you might find in your grandparent's closet.

This outfit reminds me so much of a character in an early Wender's film (Wings of Desire?)

I love this, even though it is so simple:

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

I actually do like those, Seventh--I like all of what Faust posted, except the poncho. I think they show Branquinho at her best--I've always been a fan of her simplicity and severity. I think I'm just longing for her earlier days, when these qualities weren't botched with messy styling....she was probably the first Belgian designer I really fell for.

Maybe the garments will look better to me individually. Barney's buy will probably boring though. Faust, they don't carry men's Branquinho anymore, do they?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

BTW, Seventh, did you look at the Dries thread yet? Curious to know your thoughts....

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I actually do like those, Seventh--I like all of what Faust posted, except the poncho. I think they show Branquinho at her best--I've always been a fan of her simplicity and severity. I think I'm just longing for her earlier days, when these qualities weren't botched with messy styling....she was probably the first Belgian designer I really fell for.

Maybe the garments will look better to me individually. Barney's buy will probably boring though. Faust, they don't carry men's Branquinho anymore, do they?

[/quote]

Nope, only IF carries it. I guess it doesn't do well due to their simplicity and high prices. Barneys, Jeffrey and Seven have dropped her menswear one by one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
                  • Dec 2006

Is there a place that older Branquinho collections are posted? I would love to see more of her work (outside of the past couple years).

Laika, I'll look and post on Dries soon! My first impressions were very positive.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Seventh"]

Is there a place that older Branquinho collections are posted? I would love to see more of her work (outside of the past couple years).

Laika, I'll look and post on Dries soon! My first impressions were very positive.

[/quote]

here

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
                      • Dec 2006

^^^ Thanks Faust.

After looking at some of the older collections, I see what you mean Laika. Her work was cleaner, perhaps a little more severe? I especially liked the F/W 2001 and 02 collections. It struck me that a constistant theme throughout her work are clothes that establish a haunting, dreamlike quality (from the Laura Palmer inspired
                      clothing, to Jane Eyre, to the current collection).

I like the new work as well, perhaps it is just this specific collection, it so clearly reminds me of textures, patterns, and colors of my childhood (or maybe an imagined childhood, it is all muddled up somehow, like when you try to reconstruct an event). It is strange, I have a very hard time putting into words why this collection moves me; it is not a formal reaction to form, shape, cut, etc; rather something hinted at in the content of the work.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

I've been converted to this collection. [:)] The more I look at it the more I like it.

Some detail shots, which will hopefully coax Seventh out of hiding....[:P]

I absolutely love the footwear and the stripey leggings.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I've been converted to this collection. [:)] The more I look at it the more I like it.

Some detail shots, which will hopefully coax Seventh out of hiding....[:P]

I absolutely love the footwear and the stripey leggings.

[/quote]

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just beautiful!!!!!!!, I need to be dating a woman who wear these kind of stuff................

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Wow, those last boots are incredible!
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎