• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Balenciaga Menswear SS07

To me Balenciaga menswear has always been an afterthought, a thing that they thesmelves do not take seriously. I thought I'd post some pix regardless.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Balenciaga Menswear SS07

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interman
        • Dec 2006

Nice, but kind of boring. As expected. Definitely wouldn't mind one of the suits, and the I like the last of the non-suit jackets in the series.

Comment

• rach2jlc
          • Sep 2006

I agree with you, Faust, about the afterthought creativity of the menswear. Still, it has some interesting things, but when I see some of the standout women's items, it's obvious where their interest lies. As the mens collections begin to sell more, though, I suppose they will start to give ita little more room. At least, though, they've finally gotten the sizes about right. I was getting tired ofhaving to try onXL shirts and 52 or 54 blazers. ;)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

I agree with you, Faust, about the afterthought creativity of the menswear. Still, it has some interesting things, but when I see some of the standout women's items, it's obvious where their interest lies. As the mens collections begin to sell more, though, I suppose they will start to give ita little more room. At least, though, they've finally gotten the sizes about right. I was getting tired ofhaving to try onXL shirts and 52 or 54 blazers. ;)

[/quote]

You can thank Hedi for that one. It's funny how all of a sudden male undernourished waifs are in vogue.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
              • Sep 2006

Yeah, tell me about it. I remember one season (maybe a/w 2003?) and Itold the sales clerk in a boutique near where I was living at the time that I was a medium. Heshowed me this really neat military-style shirtand my first thought was that it would have been perfect for that large sector of the adult male fashion buying public who has a 26 inch chest.

Somewhat unrelated, Faust, but does Pier SpA produce some of the menswear items? I'm just curious because on the "who makes what" thread you remarked that they made Dior Homme. Some of my inside tags and washing instructions on my balenciaga items look very similar to my Dior ones (that shiny white tag). It might just be coincidence, but do you think Pier might make them as well? Of course it isn't really important; I just sort of like to know for the hell of it...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

Yeah, tell me about it. I remember one season (maybe a/w 2003?) and Itold the sales clerk in a boutique near where I was living at the time that I was a medium. Heshowed me this really neat military-style shirtand my first thought was that it would have been perfect for that large sector of the adult male fashion buying public who has a 26 inch chest.

Somewhat unrelated, Faust, but does Pier SpA produce some of the menswear items? I'm just curious because on the "who makes what" thread you remarked that they made Dior Homme. Some of my inside tags and washing instructions on my balenciaga items look very similar to my Dior ones (that shiny white tag). It might just be coincidence, but do you think Pier might make them as well? Of course it isn't really important; I just sort of like to know for the hell of it...

[/quote]

I am not sure to be honest, just relating what I saw in the news.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
                  • Sep 2006

I think I remember seeing that news story as well; wasn't it when Diesel bought them? Anyway, I find it strange how some brands/companies are happy to share who makes them or where they license their goods (Staff, for example, has it right on their front webpage "Maker of DSquared, Vivienne Westwood, etc.") Other times, brands act as though it were some great trade secret.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

what happened to the pictures? did style.com take them down? (i'm assuming that's where the pictures are from)
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]what happened to the pictures? did style.com take them down? (i'm assuming that's where the pictures are from)
                      [/quote]

Not sure. They were from a Japanese website, guess they are gone now...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vicomte
                        • Mar 2007

[quote user="rach2jlc"]

[/quote]

I don't believe so, since a lot of Balenciaga items, including polos and t-shirts (so not only "big" pieces) are made in France and not in Italy (at leats most of the items i've seen). Quality is also very good, most of the blazers are lined in silk, and not in rayon... I don't believe they are producied by "big" factories.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎