FQR

Yet another Carpe off shoot.

-Fireman

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: FQR

Another off-shot, eh?

I kinda liked it at first, but then if the pricing is more CDiem than let's say LUC, it wouldn't feel as good to me. The suits are definitely what I prefer,but there's a lot of nice, simple pieces there. The sneakers are nice too, the whole suit and sneaker this is something I quite like (not necessarly only this label, but in general).

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

The last suit is interesting, the way that the shoes appear to be of the same fabric as the rest of the suit is pretty cool.

I agree, the whole suit-and-sneakers thing seems to popping up more and more, and I think it looks pretty killer.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• explicit
        • Jan 2007

Huh, I really like this. I'm interested to see the pricing as well. I think that's going to be the final word on whether I'll really look into acquiring some of this.

Gotta say, though, that I really like the second and last looks.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Yea, seeing the pricing is going to determine a lot for me as well. Although I do like some of the looks here and I also think some of the individual pieces would work well into someone's existing wardrobe. Something about the first blazer w/ silver and the pants with the knee stitching just appeal to me (and I don't even like silver on clothing).

Another look, thanks to Runner on TFS.

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

Not sure if it's just me, but your pictures here and the +MA thread aren't showing up, Casius.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

You have to be logged into thefashionspot.com to see the pictures.

Might be better just to re-host them in the future.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Alrighty, hope that helped. Just uploaded them to my photobucket.
                The ones at the very first post should be fine though, those are from FQR's site.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

This is interesting... yet another CDiem spinoff haha.

Unlike a lot of the other CDiem spinoffs though this line doesn't really seem to hold to the artisanal feel of the rest of the Continues crew.

It's a bit too... "British" for me.

I do like the photo shoot though! It's different.

Also the last photo that Runner posted up looks SO different than the ones from the website. The aesthetic is totally different. The photo from Runner looks very Continues while the FQR website ones don't at all.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

I have a pair of boots from this label. It's actually a design collective, made up of four (?) guys, only one of whom is a former CDiem-er (the shoe guy, I think). I've seen the entire line before, and Chinorlz is right, the production process is much more industrial than it is for the other offshoot lines, though they do include some "artisinal" touches. Accordingly, the price point is a good deal lower - not cheap by any means, but nothing headache-inducing like some of its sister labels.

Here's a small look at the A/W 06 collection from Collezioni Uomo magazine:

Comment

• droogist
                      • Sep 2006

A few more (hi-res) images from the same collection:

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks, droogist and Cas.

They have been around for a little while, right? I remember asking droogist about her very intriguing "painted Russian army boots" some time ago....[*-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks, Casius and droogist.

Looks pretty meh to me, but I really like the laying mannequin's outfit, and the bag (the last two images).

With all these CDiem off shoots and a rise in the overall CDiemish aesthetic Atelier will soon need to move to a bigger space, lol.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Hey Droogist, what are the price points like? I actually really like a few of the coats and pants and those high top white sneakers are pretty cool. [:)]

Comment

• droogist
                              • Sep 2006

^ I'm hesitant to give estimates in case I turn out to be way off, because the last time I saw the line was a year ago and I really can't recall any exact figures. The only prices I remember with any degree of accuracy are for the shoes, which were relatively reasonable; most styles wholesaled between 100 and 300 euros. The boots on the prone headless mannequin,for example (what's up with that, anyway...?), would probably go for about 500 euros in stores. (I have the same pair except mine's been painted, for which they saw fit to slap an extra 100 euros onto the wholesale price. [*-)])

Laika, the label has been around for at least a year or two now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎