• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Faust goes to Antwerp

So, being the luckiest man in the world is surely nice. Mrs. Faust surprised me yesterday - she's sending me to Antwerp an hour after my graduation!!! I'm very excited!!! I know Antwerp fairly well, but I haven't been there in about 4 years, so if anyone knows anything, just post here.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Faust goes to Antwerp

I think I hate you. [A]
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

doesn't baizilla live there?

have a great time!

btw, congrats on graduation as well!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Baizilla lives in Copenhagen, but he likes Antwerp (cough, Ann, cough).

Laika, I take requests :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

^that's awfully nice of you, Faust, and what a nice graduation present for you!

I'm not sure what I can offer in the way of suggestions that you don't already know. I'm sure the Bruno Pieters boutique will be open (it's on that main street with DVN/MoMU, pretty close to Veronique Branquinho, I think). They were getting ready to open when we were there two years ago.

There's also a bunch of great consignment stores--Francis, Episode, Labels Inc....are you familiar with those?

I remember we really liked a cafe called Canal, close to the art museum, and the Ann Dem Boutique.....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Divo
            • Mar 2007

Indeed a very nice present Faust!

I am myself moving to Belgium in two weeks and I know Antwerp really well! When are you planning to go to Antwerp actually?

If I have time I could give you a personal tour by myself or otherwise I could create - with the help of google maps - a map with all of the Antwerp hotspots included.

Please let me now!

- Divo -

Comment

• baizilla
              • Sep 2006

He he, I wish I lived in Antwerpen. Hopefully someday... :D

Soon I won't be able to have an excuse to visit Antwerpen, we will be stocking Ann from next season. Well, if not for Ann then for the beautiful architecture.

I was there last month, the Bruno Pieters store still has not been opened yet... or maybe I couldn't find the entrance..

Walter has some wonderful Sofie D'hoore stuff, which you should definitely check out.

Congratulations on graduating, Faust. :)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Divo"]

Indeed a very nice present Faust!

I am myself moving to Belgium in two weeks and I know Antwerp really well! When are you planning to go to Antwerp actually?

If I have time I could give you a personal tour by myself or otherwise I could create - with the help of google maps - a map with all of the Antwerp hotspots included.

Please let me now!

- Divo -

[/quote]

Thanks. I will be there May 20th-22nd (maybe go to Brugge for a day on the 21st). I think my friends from London will be joining me. That's very nice of you to offer a tour. I could definitely use a map! I'm pretty good with established store shopping there (I've been to Antwerp twice, but just for a day-two), but if you can point out some restaurants, bars, and lounges (and maybe a hotel?) - that would be great.

Baizilla, I'm happy to hear that you are getting Ann in your store!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                  • Sep 2006

Congrats Faust both on graduation andAntwerp:-)

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

^ Ditto. Lucky Faust!

Having lived in Antwerp for 2 years, I have to say that when it comes to activities not specifically related to fashion, Antwerp can be considered somewhat lacking, but that's really only something you'd notice after you've spent a good amount of time there. Three days hardly gives you enough time to hit all the good shops! You should definitely take that day trip to Brugge, though, it's stunning.

The best hotel I know of in Antwerp is De Witte Lelie. Lovely rooms and remarkably good service.

Comment

• goethe
                      • Oct 2006

enjoy yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Congratulations on the upcoming graduation Faust! I know you've been working hard on your thesis. Great to see everything working out and with a lovely surprise from the missus!

Have fun!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drexl
                          • Sep 2006

Lucky guy! Congrats on the master's degree too [<:o)]

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="droogist"]

^ Ditto. Lucky Faust!

Having lived in Antwerp for 2 years, I have to say that when it comes to activities not specifically related to fashion, Antwerp can be considered somewhat lacking, but that's really only something you'd notice after you've spent a good amount of time there. Three days hardly gives you enough time to hit all the good shops! You should definitely take that day trip to Brugge, though, it's stunning.

The best hotel I know of in Antwerp is De Witte Lelie. Lovely rooms and remarkably good service.

[/quote]

Thanks, droogist. Can you recommend any Belgian designers I should be looking at that I don't know of? What about consignment stores?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                              • Dec 2006

A well deserved sejour! Congratulations, and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎