X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Blogging!

havent read it all as yet as im still at work, but what ive read seems interesting so far.

Question for you though...........

Im interested (thinking about) in starting a Blog..... the purpose is to share my knowledge of tailoring, garment construction etc.

also i am interested in making available patterns.........answeing questions regarding fit, cut, and whatever else i may be able to answer .

Also interested in having a DIY section where i can explain (guide them thru the process) how individuals can make thier ow belts. pants , shirts etc........ (if they have the time patience and perserverance)

Let me know what you think.........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Faust goes to Antwerp

[quote user="zamb"]

havent read it all as yet as im still at work, but what ive read seems interesting so far.

Im interested (thinking about) in starting a Blog..... the purpose is to share my knowledge of tailoring, garment construction etc.

also i am interested in making available patterns.........answeing questions regarding fit, cut, and whatever else i may be able to answer .

Also interested in having a DIY section where i can explain (guide them thru the process) how individuals can make thier ow belts. pants , shirts etc........ (if they have the time patience and perserverance)

[/quote]

I think it would be a great thing to do Zamb! I started doing some random experiements on my own, but having agoodreferenceis always nice.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

I think it would be a great thing to do Zamb! I started doing some random experiements on my own, but having agoodreferenceis always nice.

[/quote]

Can i ask in what areas were you experimenting? ( pants, Jackets , belts, neckties etc)

I made about four belts for myself last week. Also Customized a Jacket by lengthening the sleeves, adding leather elbow patches and a really cool closure i invented from said leather......... and making working buttonholes on the sleeves.

One of the belts i am wearing now.

another is similar to an AnnD belt that you can Zip in two to make two narrower belts.

I will maybe get a digicam and post pics.

Faust If you may, can you move this to the DIY section......... (after you've answered the initial question) I dont want to mess up your thread with this thing here...............

ZB

Comment

• soultek
        • Feb 2007

[quote user="zamb"]

[/quote]

This would be awesome. Please start this blog!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"][quote user="deuxmille"]

[/quote]

Can i ask in what areas were you experimenting? ( pants, Jackets , belts, neckties etc)

I made about four belts for myself last week. Also Customized a Jacket by lengthening the sleeves, adding leather elbow patches and a really cool closure i invented from said leather......... and making working buttonholes on the sleeves.

another is similar to an AnnD belt that you can Zip in two to make two narrower belts.

Faust If you may, can you move this to the DIY section......... (after you've answered the initial question) I dont want to mess up your thread with this thing here...............

ZB

[/quote]

Zam, you should totally do it! Blogging is easy - I use a Google service blogger.com. All you need is a gmail account, the rest is self-explanatory.

BTW, I have that Ann Dem belt - let me know if you need pix for references.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Blogging!

Per Zam's request - a new thread!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Re: Blogging!

well thanks Faust

actually, it would be nice if you could post pictures of the belt....I vaguely remember it. It would be nice to compare it with the one i made to see how differet they are........

i will definately check out the G-mail thing......... I will buy a camera tomorrow .

i thought about writing a book on Tailoring and DIY, (I actually started) but i dont think i Have the Dicipline to.

i think a Blog will better enable me to share this Knowledge with whomever desires to access it

Comment

• theRenaissance
                • Jan 2007

Re: Blogging!

Awesome idea! I am looking forward to it sometime soon. An alternative to blogger.com would be multiply. I am currently using it and its very intuitive. [;)]

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="zamb"][quote user="deuxmille"]

I think it would be a great thing to do Zamb! I started doing some random experiements on my own, but having a good reference is always nice.

[/quote]

ZB

[/quote]

I was actually trying to make a pattern for sleeves like on one of my bless jackets. I only spent a few very not focused hours one day and failed miserably haha.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                    • Sep 2006

that would be great zamb! will be a great resources for us.

Comment

• clay
                      • Sep 2006

ZAMB DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D]

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                        • Mar 2007

agreed!

Comment

Working...