• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Gustavo Lins Calf-Leather Piping Black Dress Shirt

hey guys,

i am putting up for sale my Gustavo Lins black dress shirt, from '06/'07 a/w season, with internalblack calf leather piping. first off, sorry, i know i should post up pics, buti lost thebattery charger to my digi-cam! BUT,it is almost identical to the one shown on Why-Lip, except that my shirt's leatherpiping is inside, whereas the pictured one has piping onthe outside (otherwise it looks nearly identical):

http://www.why-lip.com/gustavolins_mens/07ss04/.

while myshirt's piping is not as exposed,the underside of the collar andbuttoned-area are both full leather. leather runs insidealong all the major seams. it has the typical Gustavo Lins stitching,which looks likeit's just for the seamsbutthen points inward a bitto contour amore flatteringfit. it also hasthe leatherand suede triangular tags inside. made in paris. the attention to detail is really impressive.

itis size 38/48, (Gustavo Lins "2"), and the fit is amazing. it is slim without being too skinny. here are some quick, approx.measurements:

shoulder to shoulder: 17.5" across
    pit to pit: 19.5" across
    sleeve length: 25.5"
    overall length: 27.0"

it is brand new w/ tag still on, and i have not worn it yet. its construction, detail,and fit are amazing, but i think my money is better spent elsewhere so i'm trying to recoup a bit. if i can't sell it, i'll just keep it, but i figured i'd put it up here for someone who would appreciate it. those who have handled Gustavo Lins knows it's not cheap, andthis shirtcost $815 from maxfields, where i got it. i'm offering it new w/ tag at significant discount: i'm looking for $450 shipped. thanks for looking!

kev

• Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Gustavo Lins Calf-Leather Piping Black Dress Shirt

[quote user="kompressorkev"]

hey guys,

i am putting up for sale my Gustavo Lins black dress shirt, from '06/'07 a/w season, with internalblack calf leather piping. first off, sorry, i know i should post up pics, buti lost thebattery charger to my digi-cam! BUT,it is almost identical to the one shown on Why-Lip, except that my shirt's leatherpiping is inside, whereas the pictured one has piping onthe outside (otherwise it looks nearly identical):

http://www.why-lip.com/gustavolins_mens/07ss04/.

while myshirt's piping is not as exposed,the underside of the collar andbuttoned-area are both full leather. leather runs insidealong all the major seams. it has the typical Gustavo Lins stitching,which looks likeit's just for the seamsbutthen points inward a bitto contour amore flatteringfit. it also hasthe leatherand suede triangular tags inside. made in paris. the attention to detail is really impressive.

itis size 38/48, (Gustavo Lins "2"), and the fit is amazing. it is slim without being too skinny. here are some quick, approx.measurements:

shoulder to shoulder: 17.5"
    pit to pit: 18.5"
    sleeve length: 25.5"
    overall length: 27.0"

it is brand new w/ tag still on, and i have not worn it yet. its construction, detail,and fit are amazing, but i think my money is better spent elsewhere so i'm trying to recoup a bit. if i can't sell it, i'll just keep it, but i figured i'd put it up here for someone who would appreciate it. those who have handled Gustavo Lins knows it's not cheap, andthis shirtcost $815 from maxfields, where i got it. i'm offering it new w/ tag at significant discount: i'm looking for $450 shipped. thanks for looking!

kev

[/quote]

Are you usually a 46 or a 48? Measurements appear to be tight for a 48.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kompressorkev
      • Dec 2006

i'm usually a 48. i only have one item in my closet that's a 46,and that's by L.G.B. but i wanted a tighter-fit (and that's all the storehad on sale). i was debating between the gustavo lins size 3, 40/50, as the fit was nearly identical, except a bit baggier (arms and back) but the shoulders seemed the same, and the saleswoman agreed. to clarify, i am measuring from seam to seam on the shoulders. for reference, i fit a size M in cloak button downs that i have. any more questions let me know, thanks

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kompressorkev"]i'm usually a 48. i only have one item in my closet that's a 46,and that's by L.G.B. but i wanted a tighter-fit (and that's all the storehad on sale). i was debating between the gustavo lins size 3, 40/50, as the fit was nearly identical, except a bit baggier (arms and back) but the shoulders seemed the same, and the saleswoman agreed. to clarify, i am measuring from seam to seam on the shoulders. for reference, i fit a size M in cloak button downs that i have. any more questions let me know, thanks[/quote]

Okay, you're one size bigger than me, which is good because I would have had to take a part time job as a rentboy to afford it right now...

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

Fuuma, yeah no worries man.

i read on fashionspot that Gustavo Lins pieces are reversible. i just tried on the shirt reversed, and it looked really cool w/ the leather piping exposed and thecollar in leather. reminds me of the CCP taped shirts, w/ subtle leather contrasts like the tape. i thought mine might be the exact same one on Why-lip just worn inside-out, but apparently it's slightly different (the Why-lip one's tags are not on the outside w/ the piping). as far as tags showing, the tags are two leather triangular flaps w/ suede underneath, andone covers the label so it doesn't look out of place hehe. it's definitely wearable reversibly, however!

i'm also open totrades as well! here's a pic from the lins site:

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

shit what would you trade for it?

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

not looking for something in particular. perhaps a nice blazer or some boots, depends on which ones. i'm usually a 38/48, size 10-11 US shoe.i'm gravitating towardssome CCP - i'd really love to get a pair of jeans - twist, overlock, whatever. i'm pretty sure CCP jeans run more than i'm asking for, butof course, i would add money as appropriate if it's not a straight trade.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]shit what would you trade for it?
                [/quote]

37" pit to pit will leave you looking like a saucage if the measurements are right....not trying to put a wrench in your trade guys but I woudn't want anyone to be disapointed. I must say I do believe the measurements can be misleading as Kompressor says he fits a cloak medium....

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]shit what would you trade for it?
                  [/quote]

37" pit to pit will leave you looking like a saucage if the measurements are right....not trying to put a wrench in your trade guys but I woudn't want anyone to be disapointed. I must say I do believe the measurements can be misleading as Kompressor says he fits a cloak medium....

[/quote]

Yea, the measurements are strange - my Cloak tops are all Medium, perfect fit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

thank you for bringing that to my attention. i certainly don't want to misrepresent an item if my measurements are off, which they indeed may be. hm, perhaps i am not measuring it right. i'll try to borrow a camera to take some pics of me wearing the lins shirt. i do wear a cloak medium in button down shirts, so that's probably a better reference than my quick measurements. i'll also post up a pic of me in a ccp size 50, although i know his sizing may vary, the measurements were given by cycle-two so it can be a reference point. the ccp i know is slightly bigger than the lins shirt, sothe lins will be a little tighterfit than that of the ccp pici will post up. hopefully tonight, i will have both up for comparison for you to see how it fits. thanks for being patient guys. now let me find a digicam.....

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

updated measurements - i was measuring from the wrong seams at first, which were from the diagonal arrow stitching near the armpit, that goes towards the center of the body, and not the ends of the underarm. (in the pic with the scarf, you can slightly see a black line - parallel to the leather on the left arm - that comes from the armpit of the left arm. i was measuring from its intersection with the arm seams, which was slightly in from the actual underarm). sorry for the confusion!i'll try to get some pics up in the next few days when finals are over.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kompressorkev"]updated measurements - i was measuring from the wrong seams at first, which were from the diagonal arrow stitching near the armpit, that goes towards the center of the body, and not the ends of the underarm. (in the pic with the scarf, you can slightly see a black line - parallel to the leather on the left arm - that comes from the armpit of the left arm. i was measuring from its intersection with the arm seams, which was slightly in from the actual underarm). sorry for the confusion!i'll try to get some pics up in the next few days when finals are over.[/quote]

Makes a lot more sense, somebody (Nairb so I can look at it in person) grab this, looks great.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎