Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dries van Noten plans to open two new stores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Dries van Noten plans to open two new stores...

...in Asia.

Dear Dries - there is this little place called New York City - we'd love to have you.

From WWD"

DRIES OPENING: Dries Van Noten is expanding his retail
    presence. The Belgian designer, who opened a shop on Paris' Left Bank
    this January, has signed deals for two new stores, in Tokyo and
    Singapore. The latter unit, in partnership with Club21, is expected to
    open in August in the Hilton Shopping Gallery. The Tokyo unit, which is
    scheduled to bow in March 2008 in the Minami-Aoyama district, will be a
    partnership with TFC. Besides Paris, Van Noten operates boutiques in
    Hong Kong and in his hometown of Antwerp, Belgium.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Dries van Noten plans to open two new stores...

Tokyo seems like a good fit, but I would agree, New York would be an excellent choice! (and I don't even live there....)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

lol, Faust....

I don't think it will ever happen, unfortunately. I remember reading somewhere that Dries is very happy with his representation in New York by Barney's and IF.

I'm curious about Singapore store though, as the weather over there seems eminently unsuitable to many of his clothes, which are often quite heavy.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

lol, Faust....

I don't think it will ever happen, unfortunately. I remember reading somewhere that Dries is very happy with his representation in New York by Barney's and IF.

I'm curious about Singapore store though, as the weather over there seems eminently unsuitable to many of his clothes, which are often quite heavy.

[/quote]

It's weird, you'd think such easy and comparatively inexpensive clothes would have more points of sale. There is also Jeffrey, of course, but who the f**k goes there?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

^I think Barney's just has the monopoly. They buy a LOT of Dries--up to 80% of each collection.

Louis in Boston also had a fantastic selection when I was there late last summer.

Jeffrey,,,,,yuck...[+o(] I would love to know why my least favorite store in the city is also the ONLY store that carries A.F. Vandevorst.....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

^I think Barney's just has the monopoly. They buy a LOT of Dries--up to 80% of each collection.

Louis in Boston also had a fantastic selection when I was there late last summer.

Jeffrey,,,,,yuck...[+o(] I would love to know why my least favorite store in the city is also the ONLY store that carries A.F. Vandevorst.....

[/quote]

Hahaha, I don't know. It's weird - it practically screams to be at IF, does it not? I'm sure they carried it at some point (they've carried everything there is), maybe it did not do well. I thought Kirna Zabete had A.F., no?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎