• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

FS: Handmade Leather Card Cases For Charity

Hi guys,

I've decided to make the card cases that I've posted in the DIY thread on a made-to-order basis.

Here are the photos:

They're large enough to hold anywhere between 1-5 cards along with some cash. They have a hidden front hook closure and to top it all off, I will stitch your initials (first and last) onto the leather. To retain the sleek look, I'll stitch it on the inner separator flap either in the center or off-center.

The whole process of creating one is about 3 hours. All stitches, measuring, cutting, embroidering is done completely by hand. No machines involved. Real old school, and reminiscent of MA+.

So here's the deal, they are $50 plus airmail shipping from here in Berlin ($8).

The difference here is that it's all going to charity. 100%.

The one I've chosen is Invisible Children.com which gives aid, food and shelter to the children that have been displaced by Ugandan conflict.

For ordering, just follow this link:

Custom Card Case For Charity

I'm profiting zero from these and thus donating my time and all material costs.

I figure it's the least I can do until I have the MD degree and can participate in Operation Smile, Doctors Without Borders and other goodwill medical missions.

Looking forward to making some card cases for you guys!

Best,

Albert

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: FS: Handmade Leather Card Cases For Charity

Well Albert, I dont need one, and could easily make them myself, but i will definately be ordering one.......or maybe two even, as i support the Cause, I will also encourage a few friend to buy

earlier on in life my ambition was to become a Doctor (Ben Carson was my Idol!), As i always wanted to(AND STILL DO) enrich the lives of needy people in the world (of which i once was), i had hope that i could use Fashion as an indirect (and sometimes direct) means to such an end.

Unfortunately i have spend more time and money trying to establish a business than i have been able to help others............ and thats even one of the reasons why I am rethinking fashion as a full time career, as the money that i make now, can be used to benefit others instead of lining the pockets of some greedy PR person or showroom agent with marginal results..............

I will be ordering in about a week or two and i will carry it with pride!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work,

Zamb

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

oh hell yes.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Thanks Zamb,

So many charities, organizations, andcausesI have ignored in the past but events in Africa are something that have struck a real chord with me. Since around the age of 18 I've wanted to travel to Africa to provide aid once I've completed medical school.

I figure, we spend quite a bit on clothes and such... and $58 isn't going to buy a whole lot when it comes to the brands we talk about here yet it's something that can go to help others. We can be complete consumers you know?

Thanks again in advance, I'll start work on a few of these so that once people donate, they don't have to wait long to receive one. [:)]

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I think through fashion you can do a lot as well Zamb. I think Margiela's AIDS t-shirts are a superb example of how a somewhat niche designer can create something that ends up being in pretty high demand (I know that Bilzerian sells out of these regularly and IF has to restock as well every season) and supports a good cause!

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

i'll send you a pm this afternoon, or you can send me one with your paypal.

i'm trying to figure out how i can somehow use this to carry my keys.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Mass, Zamb and others, I just updated the original entry with a link (powered by Cycle-Two) so that you can make a donation.

I'll keep a tally on this thread as to who has made a donation and how much we've generated thus far. I couldn't figure out if Paypal takes a 4% cut or not but regardless... I'll cover that cost if it's taken by them. No matter what, $50 from each order will go directly to InvisibleChildren!

Thanks in advance guys! Feels good to actually have a reason to make these card cases!

Mass, You can definitely store a few keys in here but probably not on a keychain. Since the flap closes securely, the keys will never fall out. I use mine on nights when I don't want to carry a wallet and a keychain that ends up making my pocket bulge hehehe

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Can we donate more than $50 for a card case? I usually donate something to this charity regardless, not much more, unfortunately, but I figured if I can just send it all through you it would be more convenient.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Hmm.. I think it's possible. I'll have to set something up specifically for you though I think. Paypal's donation method isn't the most flexible.

Otherwise, you could just donate directly through the www.invisiblechildren.com website. All proceeds will be going there in the end :)

Thanks Servo!

Comment

• explicit
                    • Jan 2007

Albert, what you're doing is fantastic.
                    I just ordered one.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for your donation again Explicit!

And thanks for yours Mass!

Now I've got to get to work on these little guys for you two [:)]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks for your donation Designersheep!

Whew, I've got my hands full with these three hehehe

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

fantastic project, just placed an order!

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Damn Albert,

before you know it you will have to hire a staff (or clone yourself [:D] )to produce these things...........as you alone wont have time to.......

i have two friends who should be ordering soon!!!!!!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Hehe, I know right?

There have been more people donating right away than I expected... which is a great thing!

Kev, thank you for your donation!

I will transfer these funds to InvisibleChildren.com at regular intervals (tonight I will deposit the first $200 donated from you guys and post the confirmation from them here as well).

I'm working on the card cases tonight and so everyone's card cases should be on their way by this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎