X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Obtaining a current season lookbook?

I was trying to find some Rick Owens A/W lookbook photos online, but really wound up with nada. Does anyone know if one could email or call up the company and obtain a lookbook? My guess is going to be no, but I just thought I would ask here first.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Obtaining a current season lookbook?

I thought the lookbook was on his website (http://www.owenscorp.com/) or is it different pics you're after?

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, just different pics. But who knows, maybe that's exactly what the lookbook looks like...

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Cas, I will ask at his Paris flagship in the next week or two when I go.

I'll letcha know!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Nice, thanks Albert!

P.S. Albert, does the Ro flagship go on sale any time soon?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

You know, that's a good question. It should be soon if they do. They have SOOOOO much stuff there it's incredible.

I'll try to give them a call today. They're very nice there. It'd be cool to pick up some RO tees.... at a discount!

Although I vaguely recall that sales in Paris are never that great...

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Tiger
              Banned
              • Sep 2006

i wonder if they take orders to individuals from abroad... cause i'll also want those RO tees really bad.
              i greatly regret that i only bought one from A.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Jun, I'm almost 99% sure they take international orders. (I'm pretty sure Dark bought his boots from them a season or two ago)
                Will A ever put the tees on sale? Because I'm with you on the tees, they are just so expensive at retail.

P.S. Maybe Barneys has some....??

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Jun, I'm almost 99% sure they take international orders. (I'm pretty sure Dark bought his boots from them a season or two ago)
                  Will A ever put the tees on sale? Because I'm with you on the tees, they are just so expensive at retail.

P.S. Maybe Barneys has some....??

[/quote]

Barneys on Madison has none, and A treats RO tees like they do his leather, it's a rare occasion for them to go on sale.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Talked to the flagship RO store today. Not even they put the tees on sale. Buuuuut everything else (not sure about the leather jackets but the other seasonal pieces) are going 40% off starting next wednesday.

Tees are cheaper in europe though... around 160-170 euro. They're around $300 at A right?

Ouch.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Talked to the flagship RO store today. Not even they put the tees on sale. Buuuuut everything else (not sure about the leather jackets but the other seasonal pieces) are going 40% off starting next wednesday.

Tees are cheaper in europe though... around 160-170 euro. They're around $300 at A right?

Ouch.

[/quote]

I believe long sleeves are $330 (+tax = $350). However, retail is only partially to blame. In case you guys ever wonder why things from summer collections aren't any less expensive than in the fall, it's because of high US taxes on cotton. :-(

Albert, will you be kind enough to check on the DRKSHDW gimp hoodie for me? TIA.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

I purchased two long sleeves earlier in the season and they were $285 each. Short sleeves seem to run $265 and tank tops $255. Oh and I called the RO store this morning as well and they do in fact ship to the U.S. using over night Fed Ex. (No more combat boots in stock! Argh.)

Also, update on the look book thing. I emailed the press email from Owen's website and they got back to me very promptly and sent out a lookbook to my home. [:D]

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I purchased two long sleeves earlier in the season and they were $285 each. Short sleeves seem to run $265 and tank tops $255. Oh and I called the RO store this morning as well and they do in fact ship to the U.S. using over night Fed Ex. (No more combat boots in stock! Argh.)

Also, update on the look book thing. I emailed the press email from Owen's website and they got back to me very promptly and sent out a lookbook to my home. [:D]

[/quote]

Oh, nice! [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Nice Cas!!!

I may have to try the same thing hehehe. A coffee table with some key lookbooks would be pretty neat... makes me wish I bid on that CCP lookbook a while ago that was up for sale.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                              • Sep 2006

i have a ccp 2007s/s lookbook on ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300123937346

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎