Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamescarter-lapd
    • Jul 2007

Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

Hello Stylezeitgeist, im a new member, thought id start my first post here.

i found this community a while ago through Faust?s blog and there are quite a few people from SF here as well so i decided to join. i thought it would be nice to contribute something to the DIY forum, heres a pair of jeans i made a while ago, i also posted this on SF http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...d.php?p=368646 . so it might be old to some people. got the material off a member then made my own pattern.

this is the first garment i've ever made so its not pro (advice and help appreciated).

i enjoy having a go at making my own stuff when im on my breaks from school (which most likely makes me one of youngest here) im kind of a self-learner/autodidact, jeans were my first project but i would love to expand. [H]

since ch1norz made a fine pair of ccptwist jeans i thought I?d post some pics of my attempt at poell's J shape pants. these are just prototypes, i just wanted to see hows these turn out and I was figuring out how to use the serger.

still in the process of finding black denim material (if anyone knows a good fabric store in melbourne please tell me).

thanks for reading [:P]
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Some of my projects: a pair of jeans and ccp J-shape pant(prototype)

Awesome first post!
    The jeans look very nice and the twist pants look great as well. I think they'll come alive even more when you get them in denim.

Welcome!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Very cool [H] Welcome.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Wow!!! Those J shaped jeans are ill and you're lovin the serger eh? Man... I gotta get me one of those!

Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see the J shaped jeans fleshed out. The twisting is really lovely.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

wow, that looks fantastic! the selvedge jeans are awesome!

if you ever consider making any more of those j-shape pants, i'll buy a pair from you.[:D]

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Your photos are really making me consider making a pair of the J shaped pants in a cotton canvas dress pants version. I love the way the fabric falls in your study version!

Did you freehand draw the shape of the pants and just transfer it to the other leg? When I had initially thought about doing the J shaped pants that was my first concern... that i'd have to make a linen version and then keep tweaking it to get the fit just right. The nice thing with the J shaped pants is that you require no lining (a godsend.... really.).

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jamescarter-lapd
              • Jul 2007

thanks guys

ddohngo - initially these projects were just for me but i would love to make you a pair some time

chinorlz -yes i did free hand draw the pattern myself, im pretty satisfied with the J shaping but the actual pattern cut of the 'jean' i think can go with some tweaking, ive never picked up a pattern book haha

the j shapefor the front part and back part of the patternare basicly the same.

ihad a pm asking for some advice, so im going to post some pics of the pattern later.[:D]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="jamescarter-lapd"]
                thanks guys

ddohngo - initially these projects were just for me but i would love to make you a pair some time

chinorlz -yes i did free hand draw the pattern myself, im pretty satisfied with the J shaping but the actual pattern cut of the 'jean' i think can go with some tweaking, ive never picked up a pattern book haha

the j shapefor the front part and back part of the patternare basicly the same.

ihad a pm asking for some advice, so im going to post some pics of the pattern later.[:D]

[/quote]

Yep, I had figured that the front and back are the same (since the legs are slightly tapered straight cut... as straight cut as U shaped pants can be haha) unlike the twisting seam of the twist jeans (a real pain in the ass to pin correctly). The only difference being cutting the crotch for a fly in the front and a fitted seat in the back hehe.

Loving the stitch the serger generates still! If you use the serger and stitch deeper into the fabric (ie-not just at the edge but maybe 1/4 inch in) and do close together but loose thread stitches you generate a really cool stitch which is used on the MA+ aviator hoodie for all of the stitches.

Again, props on your projects. I'm finishing the overlocking on my twist jeans (the final step)and will have photos up in the next day or two.

Comment

• jamescarter-lapd
                  • Jul 2007

someonepm'd me a while ago if i can help them a bit (sorry ive been lazy)

heres an overview shot of what the patterns actually look like.

really quick and simple diagram, but it should illustrate how the pants get developed

these arejust a few main parts of the pattern, the front back and yoke.the front and back pattern "j" shaping of the legareidentical.. alsothe 'right side' of the pattern is facing us. i left out the simple pattern parts (waistband, pockets etc)

they are quite easy to make if your experienced with garment making. hope it helps a bit

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

those j-shapes look awesome.

Comment

• nevermind
                      • Sep 2007

new screen name.. forgot my password, and the recover password thing doesnt work [^o)]

but here are pictures of the jeans i finished a while ago.

i like the fit, slightly dropped crotch and itsa comfy slim-jean. i rushed it so the sewings kinda crap. and obviously my sergers stitching is not as beautiful as poells (anyone know how to adjust the 'frequency' of the sticthes?)

i wear them from time to time, i dont really mind the flaws

Comment

• Kodak
                        • Oct 2006

Wow, those look pretty good[H]. As soon as I get a new camera, I will post some of my own creations.[66]

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

That is awesome, well done. How many hours did it take?

I suspect you could make a pretty penny making these and selling them here, haha.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• nevermind
                            • Sep 2007

thanks avantster,

including making pattern, cutting them out, then sewing, took around 3-4hours? ima slow worker hah.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

Great job nevermind. [Y]
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎