• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Boutique Interior Pictures around the world

I just had this idea browsing through some pictures, that it would be great to have a thread where we can post pictures of boutique (ex)(in)teriors from around the world. We all know that these days some stores serve of best interior design. Also, if possible/feasible, add where the store is and what they carry.

I'll kick it off.

LE FORM (Moscow, Russia) - A.F.Vandevorst, CDG, Dries van Noten, Junya Watanabe, Guidi, Margiela, N.D.C., etc.

Ooooh, look what we have here! \/ :-) Must be an old picture.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Boutique Interior Pictures around the world

this is a very good idea, I love nice store interiors

Ulf Haines, Berlin

definately one of my favorite stores, great selection of brands. LUC, Attachment, Ann Demeulemeester, Stephan Schneider and others.

Daad Dantone, Corso Matteotti, Milan

another favorite, great selection of Raf Simons, Attachment, Poell, Yohji, CDG, Rick Owensand some others

Daad Dantone, Via Santo Spirito, Milan

other Dantone store, pretty much the same stuff but slightly smaller selection I think. even nicer interior.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ Thank you, mike. Both are gorgeous and new to me.

I can even tell you when the Ulf pictures were taken, haha (see Ann Dem. angel print tee on the right :-))/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

The new 3.1 Lim store. Haven't been, but I like the very minimal approach.

Of course the V&R store in Milan is just insane...

I love interior design. Found it kind of hard to find some boutique pics though, guess I should have saved some of the ones I liked when I intially saw them...ah well.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ I've been to the V+R store. It's a trip :-). I actually have better pictures on my blog.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

one more that came to my mind:

Antonioli, Milan

this boutique is apparently in the location of the first movie theatre in Milan. it doesn't look exactly like it but some elements kind of show that. when I was on my way here,I was thinking how cool it would be to actually have a store in an old movie theatre, like the actual theatre area. racks on the aisles and in front of the screen etc :)

anyway pretty cool store, they stock ann d, dries van noten, margiela, kiminori morishita and some others

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• nairb49
              • Dec 2006

Terrific thread idea! I love the design element in nice boutiques.

The montreal crew:

Boutique U&I: Ann d, Engineered Garments, Mihara Yasuhiro, Acne, Filippa K, Cdg, Nicolas & Mark, Tiger of Sweden

Reborn: Bless, Nom de Guerre, Surface to Air, Opening Ceremony, Acne, Herchovitch

Michel Brisson: Margiela, Rick Owens, Dries van Noten, Nice Collective, Neil Barrett, Kris van Assche

Comment

• cbdas
                • Oct 2006

I remember Ulf Haines , really nice . The Apartment is really close to it and that is also really interesting. The ground floor is completely empty with just a staircase in the middle that leads down to the actual shop where they have a screen showing where they can watch everything on the ground floor . Wish I had pictures.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

yea apartment is pretty cool. the street level is completely white and empty, just a small staircase.

this is the only pic I found:

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ Ha! They wouldn't be doing that in New York ;-). The real estate is insane.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Cento Cose inHamamatsu looks pretty neat, haven't been there.

they have some neat displays as well:

Comment

• klangspiel
                        • Apr 2007

eastern market

These are two scans from an article about Eastern Market published by
                        The Design Papers (issue 2) -- a publication which revolves
                        around design culture and activity that, roughly, encompass anything from architecture, engineering, fashion, media, design theory, etc..

There is a single-page text (which I have not scanned) that accompanies these pictures -- brief commentary and introduction to EM which includes a short interview with Lucy Pinto (owner pictured below)

Unfortunately these pictures don't show the capsule space right at the front of the store which holds most of SZ's sanctioned desirables like CCP, LUC, etc..

Apologies for the grainy scans. As my precocious 12-year old niece would say, whenever we get around to watching old pre-Code films, "you could feed pigeons with those grains"....

(click pictures to enlarge)

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Excellent thread idea and some great posts. Why is it that you can instantly see when a shop carries something you would like just by looking at the space? :)
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="the breaks"]Excellent thread idea and some great posts. Why is it that you can instantly see when a shop carries something you would like just by looking at the space? :)
                            [/quote]

Part of the experience - it makes the clothes more precious. I dig it. I always find myself thinking that $300 is a lot of money to spend at a discount store, but not at Barneys.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deleuze
                              • Jul 2007

Thought I would post some photos of Atelier for those that have never been. The photos are courtesy of http://www.ontheinside.info

Last edited by deleuze; 10-13-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎