• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divo
    • Mar 2007

Raf Simons sizing

Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct section to inquire a question like this one,and if not thenmy apologies for that.

Currently eyeing a beautiful black Raf Simons blazer, but since I haven't got any prior experience with the brand I would like to know if his blazer fit true to size / smaller than regular or larger than regular. Hopefully one of you can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

- Divo -

• lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Raf Simons sizing

I have a raf by raf simons suit, I actually sized down on the blazer. I wear a typical 48, 50 in skinnier stuff and I got a 46 in the blazer. for example I have a size 50 raf sweater which is quite fitted on me.

I dont know how well this applies to different items and non 'raf by raf' items, but I'd guess you dont need to atleast size up on blazers.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I haven't tried one of his suits in a while. They used to fit perfectly true to size. Laika's boyfriend got one recently, maybe ask her when she gets back.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sinnah
        • Feb 2007

My experience is thatI find that Raf suit jackets fitpretty true to size as well. I'm a true 42, and own a 52EUR SS/05raf suit jacket that fits mepretty dead on. Like Faust though, I haven't tried onanynewer Raf suits or any Raf by Raf jackets either.

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

It's really hard to say because he has so many cuts. I've been looking for a navy suit and tried on a raf simons collection classic slim which was too slim for me because I am muscular and for my friend who is less so in a 52. In his classic cut, the blazer fit me perfectly (though not navy) of the same size so it really depends on which one it is which would be impossible from a picture.

Comment

• irrlicht
            • Jan 2007

i think his sizes are all over the place as well.. the knitwears seemed to be true to size but the tailored stuff are a bit large. i usually wear 46 and have to size down to 44 for a classic cut blazer.

Comment

• Divo
              • Mar 2007

Today I received the Raf Simons blazer in a size 50 (through Pollyanna) and they run quite small: I normally wear a size 48 (but for example 50 in Balenciaga) and it fits perfectly. Especially the current price (for you non-EU SZ members it will be around 200 USD) is a motivation for considering to Purchase this staple piece.

- Divo -

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

Just to add more confusion, my knits are54s whereas I'm usually a 52 yetthe light blue shirt with silver cuff I picked up was a 50.

I think Raf has been taking sizing cues from Rick.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

i had a Raf by Raf one-button blazer in 38, fit very true to size. shoulders and body was a 48, but the sleeves were a bit long and skinny, but that'sprobably just the cut of my particularblazer. not sure if Raf by Raf's sizing is different than the mainline, but in my experience, his blazer fit more true-to-size than the other Raf items i've had, which are normally 50-52even the mainline ones.

-------------
                  p.s. hey vaheh what's up man? still copping some sick stuff i see. i've wanted to get my hands on a raf knit for some time...hope all is well; if i see anything sick at bleu when i go back to la, i'll give you a call.

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

What up kev, same old thing man. His knits made in belgium come highly recommended, the fit/quality of mainline is mind-blowing. I'm guessing you'll be back here for school, if so we'll have lunch one of these days. I haven't gone to bleu in awhile though I pass by it all the time.

PS. I don't know why you're not showing up on my aim anymore, I think I lost some contacts when I changed versions or something, get at me.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

What up kev, same old thing man. His knits made in belgium come highly recommended, the fit/quality of mainline is mind-blowing. I'm guessing you'll be back here for school, if so we'll have lunch one of these days. I haven't gone to bleu in awhile though I pass by it all the time.

PS. I don't know why you're not showing up on my aim anymore, I think I lost some contacts when I changed versions or something, get at me.

[/quote]

Yes, most Belgian designers use an old knitting atelier (I forgot its name, but I will ask Scott from tFS) - and they are consistently THE BEST.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

Faust a line, I have a few vb and rs knits from them my absolute fav.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]Faust a line, I have a few vb and rs knits from them my absolute fav.[/quote]

Now that we're on the subject of VB, do they fit true to size or does it vary from season to season, I know you're a fan so....

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎