• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Need good dance music suggestions.

Where is een, when you need him?</p>

Anyway, looking for good dance music to throw in a mix for Mrs. Faust's bday party. I've been out of the loop for a few years, so I don't know what's good. I need something with a loungy vibe, but dance speed (think faster versions of Hotel Costes mixes or Tosca). No Z100 music.</p>

Shoot!</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • droogist
    • Sep 2006

Re: Need good dance music suggestions.

Hey Faust,</p>

Booka Shade
    Lindstrøm/Lindstrøm &amp; Prins Thomas
    Tiefschwarz
    Trentemøller</p>

probably fit the bill. Loungy house stuff...
    </p>

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thank you, droogist! Good to see you around [51]
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I need something with a loungy vibe, but dance speed[/quote]</P>

this reminded me of Tortured Soul, very loungy, soulful house. definately good party music, I've played it at a few places.</P>
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

The knife (especially silent shout)</P>

Boys noize</P>

Schneider TM</P>

Teenage bad girl</P>

Anything on labels:Kitsuné or Ed Banger Records</P>
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

stuff on kompakt records
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Babar
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]

The knife (especially silent shout)</p>

Boys noize</p>

Schneider TM</p>

Teenage bad girl</p>

Anything on labels: Kitsuné or Ed Banger Records</p>[/quote] <div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>All excellent choices, but perhaps a bit too rough/distorted?</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>I think a good album to check out is Demon's 'Midnight Funk'. It is quite similar to Tosca/Air etc, with beautfiul vocal samples and some great production, only more suited for the dance floor.. Really funky stuff!</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>If you want something a little bit "darker", Alex Gopher and Demon's 'Wuz' is a great alternative. The album was actually based on tracks commisioned by Hedi Slimane for one of his YSL Rive Gauche shows back in 2000. It's a super slick album, but at the same time has lots of soul and some interesting hooks, unlike a lot of runway show music.<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div></div>

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
                • Jan 2007

I guess MSTRKRFT are a bit young for you guys...
                the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• Babar
                  • Jan 2007

<SPAN class="Apple-style-span">Their remix of Justice's D.A.N.C.E was awesome, but I found their album to be a bit uninspired.. Some solid tracks for sure, but nothing sounded particularly fresh or innovative. I much prefer Etienne De Crécy's Super Discount 2 for instance, when I need to put on an instant party album:-)</SPAN>

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Babar"]<SPAN class=Apple-style-span>Their remix of Justice's D.A.N.C.E was awesome, but I found their album to be a bit uninspired.. Some solid tracks for sure, but nothing sounded particularly fresh or innovative. I much prefer Etienne De Crécy's Super Discount 2 for instance, when I need to put on an instant party album:-)</SPAN>[/quote]</P>

Super Discount 1/2 = classic party albums</P>
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• gusgusterson
                      • Mar 2007

Super Discount 1 is amazing. I spent ages trying to track down all of the 10"s before I gave up (pre-ebay hunting was always a challenge).</p>

Moodyman is similarly good, though maybe too noodley. I'm always impressed with the mixes on beatsinspace.net. They may not have aged well, but the Optimo mixes from the last few years are fun (http://optimo.co.uk/). The defunct V/VM label had some great Belgian New Beat mixes for download - (http://brainwashed.com/vvm/micro/benelux/sounds00.htm).
                      </p>

Comment

• macuser3of5
                        • Sep 2006

Richie Hawtin's DE9:Transitions is a superb album. Wavers between dark techno-dance to dark lounge groove, at times feels nearly 3 dimensional. The best part is that the whole CD is treated as a single mix, so you can just hit play and forget for an hour. Clip here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6LsE4nsEOJk<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Hmm, I'm blanking right now on a few other suggestions (which is really sad, since I own 100s of mix cds :D)</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>edit: Matthew Herbert's bodily functions is another great, probably better, choice http://youtube.com/watch?v=edoD1aup3cM</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Then you have stuff like 808 State, Two Lone Swordsmen (both a bit more ambient groove oriented), Ricardo Villalobos (all of it amazing), etc.</DIV>

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]Richie Hawtin's DE9:Transitions is a superb album. Wavers between dark techno-dance to dark lounge groove, at times feels nearly 3 dimensional. The best part is that the whole CD is treated as a single mix, so you can just hit play and forget for an hour. Clip here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6LsE4nsEOJk<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>Hmm, I'm blanking right now on a few other suggestions (which is really sad, since I own 100s of mix cds :D)</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>edit: Matthew Herbert's bodily functions is another great, probably better, choice http://youtube.com/watch?v=edoD1aup3cM</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>Then you have stuff like 808 State, Two Lone Swordsmen (both a bit more ambient groove oriented), Ricardo Villalobos (all of it amazing), etc.</div>

[/quote]</p>

Thanks. Although the first youtube link takes me to "How to make a shoe video"... which is kinda cool [66]</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                            • Sep 2006

Er, doh... This is what you're looking for: http://youtube.com/watch?v=l38XwrTXaBs<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>But yeah, the shoemaking vid is pretty sweet also. :D</DIV>

Comment

• Pradasa
                              • Sep 2007

Hello,</P>

This maybe a too late but I have been browsing these forums for while and have learnt so much, this would give me a chance to give something back.</P>

I'm a producer/dj, I work under my name Andrew Kelly and I'd happilly rustle up a mix in the style you want. Anyway it was just a thought really. As I say I have learnt so much from everyone on this forum but I wouldn't be offended if its not what you need or too late etc.</P>

Thanks for reading and keep up the amazing work.</P>

Andrew.</P>

http://www.hybridized.org/sets/
                              http://www.myspace.com/pradasa </P>

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍