X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Pierre Hardy footwear

I've been seeing a lot of Pierre Hardy footwear lately. I know he's been doing women's for a while, but I'm not really sure of the background or quality on his pieces. I've handled these sneakers and they felt great. Does anyone have any experience with his shoes?

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/lop9a1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]

• Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Pierre Hardy footwear

I know Bakla grabbed a pair from F/W (read it on his nifty blog). Maybe he can chime in. I was actually looking at the black/white ones myself.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

Scott, ph is all the rage in europe well paris at least from what I hear. The quality is good, just how good I don't know but I've been dying to get my hands on a pair of sand color desert boots but I can't locate them here. I believe spring or last fall was his first mens which is why we haven't heard of them yet, barneys madison is getting some in soon (if they haven't already).

Comment

• gusgusterson
        • Mar 2007

Jeffery in New York carries Pierre Hardy men's shoes (or did). His boots from a few seasons back were incredible - subtle and graceful, but still substantial. His woman's shoes and bags are fantastic as well. I've heard great things about the Paris PH shop, but have yet to visit.

Comment

• droogist
          • Sep 2006

He's the longtime shoe designer for both Balenciaga and Hermès. As you might imagine, the quality of his own line is extremely good.

The Paris shop is in the Jardins du Palais Royale, a few doors down from Rick Owens. It's a bit 90s for my taste - dark, miniscule, lots of reflective surfaces - but it seems to be well-stocked and in my experience the staff has been very friendly.

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the information. I noticed that Dover Street had a large selection of his footwear in stock. I'll have to inspect it more closely next time I'm there.

Balenciaga and Hermes? His company must be doing quite well if he can outsource his own designs on top of having his own line.

Comment

• bakla
              • Oct 2006

I love my Pierre Hardys. The hi-tops are quite reasonable at $400, I think. Both Jeffrey and Barneys got the same gunmetal colorway (called carbon), but Barneys also has the white low-tops featured at the top of this page. Jeffrey, for some reason, charges more than Barneys, but they also have more of his boots and have carried the brand for longer. The Pierre Hardy quality is pretty solid, from what I've seen, plus from my own kicks, but they're only a few weeks old at this point.

If it means anything, Details pulled nothing but Hardy hi-tops for a recent September editorial. They run true to size - I wear a 41 and they're a perfect fit. My only complaint is that the metallic finish has gotten scratched already, but since I do want them to look worn sooner than later, it's not a problem for me.

Oh, and Casius, thanks. I like the word 'nifty.' :)

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

Oh, and Casius, thanks. I like the word 'nifty.' :)

[/quote]

Haha, me too. I really like your blog though! If I were to do a blog, it would be a collective kind of thing like you got goin'. (btw, you turned me on to that west elm floor branch lamp; I love it)
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

That's great! If I had any more room for lamps, I'd get one too. Except I already have 4. With 15 chairs. In a studio.

Although here's always room for shoes - I might get those white Hardy Low tops. They look really nice. And the ones I own are very comfy. Can't beat that combo.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎