X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Lumen Et Umbra

I couldn't find a specific thread on this line (I know, yet another Cdiem off shoot), so I thought I would start one. This is actually one of my more favorite off shoots of Cdiem from what I've seen from photos. The prices also seem to be the lowest of the off shoot brands.
    If anyone has some more info on, please post!

Some pics from Mattotti Japan of the F/W 07-08 season

Love this first jacket!

Also, does anyone know about thier sizing? It goes 1-5, so I'm guessing it's xs, s, m, etc.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Lumen Et Umbra

Just found the website after some searching...

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

All the menswear A/W 07/08 lookbook pics.

I'll post the womenswear later (it's amazing!)

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

Re: Lument Et Umbra

the men's wear seems a bit lackluster. who from cdiem is doing this line?
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

It's from Issei Fujita.

Comment

• Divo
            • Mar 2007

Hey Cas,

Thanks for posting these pics. Especially love the leather jacket in pic # 6. Do you have any idea how much this would cost and do you know if L'eclaireur picked it up for F/W 2007? Will be going to Paris for one day in September, and hope to pick up some Lument et Umbra while being there.

Thanks either way for starting this thread: the line looks amazing and affordable([Y] too!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Solid stuff. Thanks, Casius.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Divo"]

Hey Cas,

Thanks for posting these pics. Especially love the leather jacket in pic # 6. Do you have any idea how much this would cost and do you know if L'eclaireur picked it up for F/W 2007? Will be going to Paris for one day in September, and hope to pick up some Lument et Umbra while being there.

Thanks either way for starting this thread: the line looks amazing and affordable([Y] too!

[/quote]

Divo, I wish I knew. It would be your best bet to give L'E a call and ask them directly. I sent an email to Lumen Et Umbra and we'll see if they get back to me tomorrow. I just sent an email asking for some of the stockists in Europe. :)
                The prices do look fair as well, which I quite like!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I think this is their second season... a few pieces from last season trickle onto yahoo auctions from time to time and oddly enough they command some CDiem level prices! There is definitely a fan base developing quickly... possibly in part to the designer being both Continues related and Japanese :)

It's definitely a nice line thus far (although the cape.... hehehe). I like the usage of interesting closures. That T-bar "button" closure looks awesome! So clean and efficient.

In terms of style, it's kind an intermediate between that line where the models were frozen in various positions (I can't remember it now...) and classic CDiem. It's not too arte povera, but not too conservative either.

Divo, it wasn't mentioned if L'Eclaireur is carrying them or not... I'd be surprised if they did honestly. I was distinctly told that they were not interested in carrying more Continues or Continues related lines more than what they have currently... but maybe that stance has changed. They don't even carry Guidi because they say they already have CDiem footwear and do not need something along the same lines. Anyhow, give them a call and find out for sure!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, honestly, with all these off shoots it's starts getting repetitive and would be kind of stupid for them to carry every single continues line! I think this is one my more favorite off shoots though. I like the structure of some of the coats and the turtle neck knit sweater looks fantasique!
                    I emailed some photos to Eastern Market to see if they know more about the line, so we'll see what they have to say.

The funny thing about all these lines is that they are all so geared toward the same market, so it must be hard for retailers to choose sometimes. Like FQR? I wonder where that is being sold? Or the new Intervallo (horrid in my opinion)? I still think Cdiem, LUC, and now this are the best ones.
                    (Well, and MA of course, but I now think of him more on his own, his clothing/acc are much, much different!)

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

For all interested, found out who will be stocking the line this winter

Italy:

-A Piedi nudi nel Parco(Firenze)
                      -PREVEDELLO(UDINE)
                      -SHOE.CO(Torino)

Germany:

-DAS PROVENCALISHE FENSTER BASSENGEN(Berlin) Walter Benjamin Platz
                      5 Eingang Strasse Berlin
                      -HARVEY'S(Berlin) KURFURSTENDAMM 56 10707 Berlin

Austria:

-Boutique Chegini(Wien) KOHLMARKT 7 1010 Wien

Honestly, I've never heard of any of the stores...Anyone else?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Nope (except Harvyes), sounds like some research is due. Any store on Walter Benjamin Platz gets my vote though! :-)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]For all interested, found out who will be stocking the line this winter

Italy:

-PREVEDELLO(UDINE)
                          -SHOE.CO(Torino)

Germany:

5 Eingang Strasse Berlin

Austria:

[/quote]

I've never even heard of that store... let alone that platz! And here I thought I had Berlin on lockdown.... sheeeiiiiit.

Harvey is great. Very nice guy with perfect english. Not sure if he ships overseas but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Nice, maybe I'll try giving Harvey's a call (is the owner's name Harvey?). I really want to see how much the knitwear is.

P.S. I think I put this in the women's thread but Gamma player in Chicago is going to be the first US retailer to carry the line this coming Spring 08.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="Casius"]For all interested, found out who will be stocking the line this winter

Italy:

-PREVEDELLO(UDINE)
                              -SHOE.CO(Torino)

Germany:

5 Eingang Strasse Berlin

Austria:

[/quote]

I've never even heard of that store... let alone that platz! And here I thought I had Berlin on lockdown.... sheeeiiiiit.

Harvey is great. Very nice guy with perfect english. Not sure if he ships overseas but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

[/quote]

Come on, dude. You know every German city of any decent size will have a Walter Benjamin Platz or Strasse. :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎