X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

International Ordering

Okay, so I didn't really know where to ask this specific question, but I figured a lot of us order from all over the world to get some items so a thread might be of some use.
    So this thread could be for questions about ordering, customs, VAT, proxy services, etc. Now, on to my question...

I'm currently eyeing some things on Pollyanna.com and I am curious if anyone knows what they do for customs and shipping?

:)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • badseeds
    • Mar 2007

Re: International Ordering

great thread Cas!

I have ordered from Pollyanna several times andthey handled everything well. No need to worry about customs. Shippingis ok(sometimes a lit slow but sometimes pretty fast). ,Maybe its just for me, sometimesgoods wereimproperly packed......e.g., they put my raf simons sweater together w/ a pair of shoes (NOT IN BOX!) Except that I would say they are not bad.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I ordered a Raf knit for Kevin last week. Looks like shipping was lightning fast, they take off VAT, and I haven't heard anything from customs yet.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Divo
        • Mar 2007

Have ordered several times through Pollyanna and can't say anything else than perfect service. Friendly SA's who are always ready and capable of answering any question you may have, and moreover they ship lightning-fast. You even have the option to return an item within 7 days, even if it is regarding an item on sale.

I would definitely recommend you to use Pollyanna's service!

Comment

• Jorge Hache
          • Sep 2006

I've order from Pollyanna in the past, the service is really good and i didn't pay any customs costs, i've order also from LVR and Lazzari and the customs were really expensive, the service was very good too.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
            • Sep 2006

Ohh and i forgot to say, they discount VAT which always is very welcome, and the shipping is very reasonable.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Nice, thanks guys! I always like not paying a hefty customs tax, that's for sure.
              gutpocho- Yea, Lazzari's customs fee is pretty hefty but at least thier prices are so good (on CCP at least). :)

Also, Eastern market takes away tax automatically on your order and everything is either sent express or airmail, you have the choice.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Cas - that looks suspciously like tax evasion to me - for their sake you might want to edit that!

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Hmm, not sure how so, but I did anyway. :)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

has anyone experienced ordering from an italian brick and mortar store? i had been in communication with the store that i'm trying to get the fencing jacket from on tuesday with the only english speaking SA (although the other SA i spoke with spoke english pretty well, but claimed he didn't speak english) and was in the process of getting the shipping quote in order to purchase the jacket.

i haven't heard back from the SA since then. i had called a few times and now find out that she's out until monday and the other SA says he can't help me because of his english. i'm not 100% sure if she has the jacket on hold for me although i did ask via e-mail. should i wait until monday to see if the jacket is still available or should i begin searching elsewhere? i'm not familiar with italian culture and how it differs with american culture as in if things are a lot slower, etc...

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

anyone have any idea of how much damage i will incur on custom charges on a ccp fencing jacket?

any suggestions on how to get around it even when the shop can't declare it as a gift?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

You'll be looking at 10% of the cost in US dollars. I have no clue how to get around it though, just tell the DHL man to kick rocks. :D

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

So I have a question, has anyone ordered through Matches Fashion in the US?
                          I'm looking to order some items and I'm curious what they charge for shipping and if there was a customs charge?

Thanks!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Chim on here ordered his Rick Owens leather jacket from him.... he's actually staying at my house tomorrow so I can get him to post about it as he takes a break from prepping for his UTmed interview here on monday hehehe
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Haha, cool! I think I remember him talking about ordering through them I just don't remember where that was....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎