• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gusgusterson
    • Mar 2007

Cult of Leica article in New Yorker

link</p>

Anyone a convert to Leica? I've thought about buying a used M series (M6) for years.
    </p>
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Cult of Leica article in New Yorker

I've really been contemplating getting the digi lux camera but I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra cash. All of the reviews I've read are really great so I'm torn.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I've really been contemplating getting the digi lux camera but I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra cash. All of the reviews I've read are really great so I'm torn.[/quote]</p>

Really? I haven't followed this for a while, but last I've read (a few years ago) the consensus was that leica digital cameras are absolutely not worth the money (unless you must have a leica name). The mechanical cameras are a different, story of course.</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kronik
        • May 2007

When I was researching small form factor cameras, of course I gravitated to the Digilux or D-Lux, whichever model it was.. because I liked the aesthestics. Come to find out, they are damned near identical to Panasonic offerings (i.e. the Lumix) and you're paying a hefty sum for the Leica name and supposed "propietary image processing". I ended up going with a Canon. I'd advise you avoid their digital products - film, another matter entirely. </P>

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎