• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osn19
    • Feb 2007

Suggestion for a new forum subjet

Hello everybody,

I was thinking that maybe it could be nice to have a new forum subject like this :

- Clothes pictures per designer

- CCP

- Julius

- CDiem

- etc...

So the members could post pictures of their own clothes, or picture they have from clothes from those designers, and indicate the year and season.

This could make an interesting archive of photos for every designer we like, but whose pics are so hard to find.

What do you think ?

Originally posted by blacksuit
    wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Suggestion for a new forum subjet

hmm I kind of like the idea, pictures of older pieces especially are quite hard to find, so pics along with info would be nice to look at.

maybe it could be implemented as separate topics in the Designers and Their Work section?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

hmm no one else feeling this idea? [76]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

hmm no one else feeling this idea? [76]

[/quote]

Is there a way to add a pre-determined tag to pics and manage it in a transversal way instead of creating another forum? I like the idea of being able to look for those pics.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• osn19
          • Feb 2007

Let's see what Faust think about it.
          Originally posted by blacksuit
          wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• Orochi
            • Sep 2007

It seems to me content of that nature already exists in the threads dedicated to the individual labels, but I think it will be worthwhile to distill those threads into organized archivesof pictures, press materials, interviews, etc. A huge endeavour for sure, but the end result might be the internet's most comprehensive resource of info on those labels.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="osn19"]Let's see what Faust think about it.[/quote]

I feel like its usefulness would not outweigh the bandwidth and database pressure on the website. Like Orochi said, most of the pictures are already in the individual designer's threads. What's left is the stuff we wear, and that's in WAYWT, and would be double-posted. In addition ready made collection of images would be an easy target for the copyright vultures.

What I suggest instead is people tagging their WAYWT pictures. This way you can just search for tags. It's not as neat, but much easier on SZ.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="osn19"]Let's see what Faust think about it.[/quote]

I feel like its usefulness would not outweigh the bandwidth and database pressure on the website. Like Orochi said, most of the pictures are already in the individual designer's threads. What's left is the stuff we wear, and that's in WAYWT, and would be double-posted. In addition ready made collection of images would be an easy target for the copyright vultures.

What I suggest instead is people tagging their WAYWT pictures. This way you can just search for tags. It's not as neat, but much easier on SZ.

[/quote]

See, we should just start a "proper tagging" thread. With a good methodology we can accomplish that without cross-posting.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"] I feel like its usefulness would not outweigh the bandwidth and database pressure on the website. Like Orochi said, most of the pictures are already in the individual designer's threads. What's left is the stuff we wear, and that's in WAYWT, and would be double-posted. In addition ready made collection of images would be an easy target for the copyright vultures.

[/quote]

I was thinking more in the lines of just a thread where you could post pics of items you own from a certain designer, pics hosted of course elsewhere. or would this put bandwith pressureon the site as well?

you might be right though, most of it is probably in waywt or recent purchases, but probably not all though.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎