• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justine
    • Jan 2007

Lagerfeld Confidentiel

Anyone planing on seeing this?

http://www.lagerfeldconfidentiel.com/index.cfm?lng=en

It will be playing in NYC at the Film Forum, starting Wednesday. I think some of the people here can't stand "the biggest queen on earth" ;) ; but I like Karl so I might go see this. I'm just afraid it's too much Karl anyone can endure....

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Lagerfeld Confidentiel

Yea, I'll be the first in line [83] Know your enemy!!!

Kidding, of course. Do let us know if it's good. Good fashion documentaries hardly exist - I heard the one on YSL sucked. Have you seen it?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• broderick
      • Dec 2006

saw it today.

was an ok doc. Karl had some interesting things to say, none of which were very fashion oriented. It must have been made on a very small budget, the whole film seemed a bit "cheap". Definitly something you could live without.

My suggestion, save your $10.50. Im sure itll be up for download in no time.

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

have any of you seen signe chanel? it's quite good imo. very interesting. the seamstresses are very cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMcf4O7B74Q is the first episode... the rest are there...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

NYT article
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Yea, I'll be the first in line [83] Know your enemy!!!

Kidding, of course. Do let us know if it's good. Good fashion documentaries hardly exist - I heard the one on YSL sucked. Have you seen it?

[/quote]

I loved the YSL one, but that's because it was set in the late 80s/early 90s, and it was great to see all the great runway models, back when runway models were not print models and everyone had to know how to walk and sell a dress. But it's not necessarily a piece for the general public - the documentary mimicked its subject:- quiet, and subdued, but teeming with the kind of moments a true fashion insider would love.

Comment

• justine
              • Jan 2007

I finally saw this Saturday.

The documentary feels like a '24h in the life of' more than anything else. No great insight on Fashion or Couture. But Karl's entertaining and fun, so I liked it.

He did manage to throw a shady remark on YSL.

Comment

• interman
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="mass"]have any of you seen signe chanel? it's quite good imo. very interesting. the seamstresses are very cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMcf4O7B74Q is the first episode... the rest are there...[/quote]

Wow that was awesome. I especially liked the old lady. Such a shame to see people like her disappearing.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for the link to Signe Chanel...finally got to watch it and it's really fantastic. [51]

I haven't seen Lagerfeld Confidential, but I strongly recommend "Karl Lagerfeld is Never Happy Anyway," which airs occasionally on the Sundance channel. It's from 2000, so pre- the dramatic weight loss. Very fascinating to hear his views on German culture, the bourgeoisie, money, etc.

I have no disdain whatsoever for KL. He's one of the smartest/most intelligent people in the industry, accomplished as hell and utterly amusing. Works for me. [H]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎