Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on unicorn horn construction for dog Halloween costume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gusgusterson
    • Mar 2007

Advice on unicorn horn construction for dog Halloween costume?

I can build most functional things, but I'm totally lacking when it comes to making creative things. I need to make a unicorn horn for my dog's Halloween costume. We decided he should be a unicorn after the eighth or ninth person didn't get Serge Gainesbark. I'm working with a birthday hat concept. Is there a way to gromet poster board or simply strengthen a punched hole in order to attach ribbon or elastic to it? Should I be looking at a different design, materials, etc? The dog will not be happy wearing this thing. He's going to buck and probably pee in defiance. I'm hoping someone may be able to help, thank you!!

This is the victim:

• lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Advice on unicorn horn construction for dog Halloween costume?

I'd jsut go with the birthday hat / cone shape, if you need to strengthen the lower part where you'll punch the string holes, you can just put a couple of layers of tape on the inside so the hole wont rip.

Gainesbark [74]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gusgusterson
      • Mar 2007

Leather is a really good idea, I hadn't thought beyond second grade classroom materials - construction paper, glue, string, and most importantly glitter.

Comment

• gusgusterson
        • Mar 2007

We went with the cone horn. The "hole integrity" did not prove to be our downfall. Putting a cone horn on the dog and expecting him to tolerate it for more than a few seconds was. There was a dog at the costume contest wearing a full space suit with the fish bowl helmet. We should have stuck with the more conceptual idea.

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

haha any pictures?

Comment

• gusgusterson
            • Mar 2007

Way too many pictures, I'm afraid. We said, "We'll get a dog, but we won't become crazy dog people".

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

So awesome Gus!

My girlfriend and I were already pretty set on a Frenchie but this locked it in for her!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎