• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ebay Question

Lately I have noticed a plethora of Ebay "buyers" with names that have *** in the middle. These Ebay IDs have feedback that is not viewable, nor can you know where they are from. Can anyone shed any light on this? I wouldn't be surprised if these are online businesses that offer proxy bidding for sellers to bid up their stuff. Check this auction, for example. There is only one real bidder, and the boots ended up HIGHER than the original BIN price.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • uparmoured
    • Sep 2007

Re: Ebay Question

This is for the privacy of the non-winning bidders...
    FS: M.A+
    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• deleuze
      • Jul 2007

Yeah, Ebay used to use bidder1, bidder2, etc. on any auction that reached above a certain amount. Now they use those silly asterisks.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Oh, I see. That's kind of strange.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Apparently it's meant to help prevent malicious bidding against other specific users. It does make it easier for sellers to bid up their own stuff though!
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎