• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Purple Fashion Magazine

Does anyone look at it? Wanted to get people's opinions on it.

http://www.purple.fr/fashion.php?c=8

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: Purple Fashion Magazine

Never picked up a copy. From what I've seen at the link provided, it strikes me as an ostensibly hollow publication. JMO. It's just that I have come across magazines like this in the past that offer nothing but the flamboyant infusion of shock value as a feeble attempt to gain artistic merit. Again, JMO. Some great photos though. I like the cover of issue #6.

I don't see myself picking up a copy in the near or distant future.

I think you need to fix the link Faust.

Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Re: Purple Fashion Magazine

I've flipped through it before at bookstores and the like. I'm pretty ambivalent towards the content as far as writing / articles go, but as DHC there can be some great photography. I've seen a couple of photo-documentaries in it that were more interesting than the fashion elements of the magazine but had nothing to do with fashion, so that's hardly a decent way to look at it. They seem to enjoy employing the "anti / above fashion" photopraphers and stylists like Terry Richardson who don't really seem to put the garment on such a pedestal like other editorials do.

Looks like they're pretty interestest in very current and "hip" artists ala the aforementioned Richardson and Terrence Koh or whatever, etc...

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎