X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loveless
    • Feb 2007

washing ccp boots

um..i lost my ccp booklets (both of them) and they are getting a little loose. i seem to remember carol sugguesting that the boots be washed then dried. does anyone by chance have those instructions lying around? or does anyone have any awesome techniques they'd like to share.

• ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: washing ccp boots

i don't think you should do it. A displays a pair of white ccp boots that their client washed and the leather turned absolutely hard and rigid. the boots are unwearable, so the client just handed the boots to A.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Oh man... that's crazy about the boots. I'll have to stop in and take a look hehehehe
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drexl
        • Sep 2006

Here's what's written in my booklet (for cordovan wrap-arounds):

"Maintenance:

Hand or machine wash in cold water, no washing powders and no tumble drying, wash separately.

Drying by filling the shoes completely with blotting paper and putting them near a heating source.

Polishing by means of a white cotton cloth after dampening the shoes and with a rotary movement (it is not advisable to use creams but it is recommended to use leather grease after several washes)."

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

i think the guy put them in hot water after the cold, and the water was too hot and he left them in for too long.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

actually, i may rescind my earlier comment. i now remember that the guy actually tried to shrink the boots by putting them in hot water.. i think a cold water wash wouldn't be so bad, but keep in mind, the guys at A said they wouldn't advise doing it anyways.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I soaked my carpe diem laceups in cold water to get one heavier crease out and it worked fine. also I decided not to polish them afterwards and I like it better, they were a bit too shiny for my taste before ;)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

what is leather grease?

anyone tried or heard of anyone else trying to wash a CCP leather jacket?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

what is leather grease?

anyone tried or heard of anyone else trying to wash a CCP leather jacket?

[/quote]

if what Joey said about the boots goes for the jackets, then you will need a pneumatic pavement breaker to restore it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Haha, I woulda bought those "ruined" boots from that client if they were practically giving them away.

A resoak in water and then wear them around the house occasionally using a blow dryer to slowly dry the leather would retain the suppleness in key movement points while allowing the leather to dry. As it dries, apply leather oil liberally as well....

He gave up too easily [73]

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• loveless
                      • Feb 2007

Comment

• loveless
                        • Feb 2007

done. used warm to hot water out of faucet (not boiling). poured in a bucket soaked, than gently cleaned with brush.. made sure leather was saturated and then i hung dry upside down for 3/4 hours. than played boots next to space heater on med heat over night. boots came out amazing. actually before they were slightly irregular, one toe was a little higher than the other. so when it came out the next day, they actually looked more symetrical.

the color is obviously more matt and less deep but it looks cooler. the fit is really whats amazing now. more snug. unfortunately this is what goes away first. after a couple wears they stretch back out.

wondering if leaving it in the water longer woulda done a more permanent shrinking job. eitherway done playing around with them. just loving them as is.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

props to you loveless! Sounds like they came out well! Can we get a photo? I gotta hand it to you.... You got guts!

Comment

• loveless
                            • Feb 2007

k..ill throw them up 2nite

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Alternatively you can wash them like any other shoe; wipe with a most rag to remove most of the dirt then use a leather cleaner to clean and moisturize the leather.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎