X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urbansuburban
    • Dec 2007

Long Sleeves for Long People

I'm 6'6" and well-proportioned (broad shoulders, not super slim and not super thick). I'm in a constant search for dress shirts, sweaters and knits that are cut long (both in the torso for tucking and the sleeves). I get excited when i find a shirt/sweater/knit that goes past my wrist and i nearly hit orga$m when a soft, comfy sweater or knit hits the knuckle of my thumb.
    But alas, that's RARE!!

Does ANYONE know of a few designers that i can devote my life to who cut their shirts long and slim, so they fit and i don't have to get them tailored so it doesn't look like i'm wearing a tent?

Thanks so much for any help you guys can give!

Otherwise, next stop: bespoke tailor!

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Long Sleeves for Long People

Rick Owens would be one. His sleeves are meant to be bunched up mostly, so he makes them extra long on purpose.

I have the reverse problem (5'5"), and Rick's stuff works on me the other way around :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

Rick Owens comes to mind, mostly because the long sleeves are a style thing, but they may end up looking normal on you. Also, Alexander McQueen styled a few things with extra long sleeves this season (I have a shirt with 40" sleeves and a 50" turtleneck). Not the norm but pretty much this season's thing. Also Burberry Prorsum did a few oversized sweaters with extra-long sleeves.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

great minds think alike, and so do we, bakla.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I would agree with the aforementioned brands.

I have the same problem when searching for clothing as my arms and torso are long. To be honest though, I don't have too much trouble finding items. The Black Fleece oxford shirts fit me fantastic surprisingly and the Lanvin button down shirts fit excellent as well, especially their longer cut shirts.
          MTM is always a good way to go for shirts though. I'm going to be doing this very soon...I have a button down shirt addiction. :)

As for sweaters; I have some from margiela, JIl, Ervell, and many others. All of them fit me in the sleeves great but some are a bit shorter than I would like, but nothing too crazy and unwearable. But I cannot stress how nice the Burberry Prorsum knits are for taller people; I love the v-neck I have and I definitely plan on picking up a few more knits just for the fit alone!
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• urbansuburban
            • Dec 2007

Wow, thanks so much everyone! I'll look into all of those. Thanks again.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

No worries man! I also remembered, YSL did a lot of oversized garments this season. Not sure if it's your thing or not but some of the coats and sweaters look pretty cool. (I have yet to handle any of them in person though..)
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

I think i'm built a lot like you and Cas so thanks for making the thread! I'm always always always having to buy a bigger size & having it taken in because i need the extra lenght in the sleeves.

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎